SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-12-05, 12:04 AM   #1
bigE

Default Dual Headlight Kits

Im thinking of installing a dual headlight kit on my naked KY. Does anyone know which kits are good/ easy to install? There are a couple on ebay that look ok ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-...spagenameZWDVW and http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-...spagenameZWDVW) has anyone tried these? I dont want to have to rewire if i can help it.... Also, if anyone has made their own and it wasnt too dificult?
Old 20-12-05, 11:56 PM   #2
Warren

think bigape and jonboy have twins on their naked twins. pm them and ask em.
Old 21-12-05, 11:54 PM   #3
Sloth

Default twin headlights

I fitted a set to mine, took about 10 minutes, however you have to cut the side light wires, the main bulb wires simply plug in. You are of course left with a mass of wires that are normally stored in the back of the OEM headlamp, these wires include the ignition wires - you only need to jump 2 of these and you can ride off - so can the thiefs. so not good if you leave it parked up for long periods. If i knew how to post a pic i would do it to show you. My lights cost £50 including postage, come with all the bulbs and a free rear LED stop & tail, which is no good cos you need 2 for the SV.

E-bay - Item number: 8022922445 Username: streetfightergee, very fast postage.
Old 22-12-05, 06:27 PM   #4
Stig

I have twin lights on mine. But I have to say they are totally different to the ones that you are looking at. The ones that I have fitted (and jonboy) are smaller.

I changed mine after I errr........ cosmetically changed the shape of the original. I have cut the loom down and soldered all the wiring, so excess wiring is not too much of an issue. jonboy on the other hand has done a straight swop. The wiring plugs straight in and there is no need to cut any wires. However it does leave you with the effort of trying to hide a rather lot of wiring.

The ones that you have shown seem to be a case of HAVING to cut wires and solder. If you are not worried about that then no problem.
Old 22-12-05, 06:42 PM   #5
bigE

Thanks for the info guys. I dont know if i want to cut and resolder wires..... About how many are we talking here?
Old 22-12-05, 06:59 PM   #6
Stig

To do a good job. All of them As has been said all the wires go into the standard headlights.

But it is possible to get away with just the headlight loom. In fact you don't "have" to cut any, but hiding all that wiring without cutting them down is somewhat difficult if not impossible.

I guess you could go the other route and actually extend all the wires and hide the loom under the tank somewhere. Just leave a new tidy loom to the lights.

Either way it's going to take some fiddling.