SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 21-10-07, 09:02 AM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default Ace Cafe

FInally worked out where this place is, and how to get there from the A406. Question is, is it a good place to go? Its only 20 mins away from me...

Matt
Old 21-10-07, 09:27 AM   #2
metalmonkey

Default Re: Ace Cafe

I have only been there a few times, once a film shot and then for a bike safe day.

It a good meeting place to there and go from there to where you are going and loads of bikes go there and the food is okay!

The ace is not far from me at all, when you thinking of going there? I am off during the week and would like to go for a ride somewhere! Are you up for that?
Old 21-10-07, 09:31 AM   #3
Alpinestarhero

Well i was thinking of popping up there on wednesday afternoon after I've finished uni for the morning, stop off and have some lunch and a cuppa tea. Dont think I've got time to go for a ride other than carrying on up the A406 back home (i got alot of stuff to sort out for some experiments) but if you're there at about 12pm on wednesday, I might be there

I'm dead easy to spot, im the only yellow SV with a topbox and handlebar muffs.....

Matt
Old 21-10-07, 09:36 AM   #4
metalmonkey

I'm working till 2pm Wednesday I could make it between 2.30 and 3pm. I have Monday/Tuesday off work, one of those days I'm putting hot grips on the bike.
Old 21-10-07, 01:50 PM   #5
Alpinestarhero

Ah - well we'll see then I guess!

I need to fit hotgrips aswell, I got a bit scared about my electrics after my regulator burnt out, but I think it'll cope with heated grips

Muffs are good for keeping out the wind and rain, slight areodynamic drag though, not realyl what I want with my lack of power

Matt
Old 21-10-07, 07:44 PM   #6
5v5 rider

I work pretty close to the Ace, in Perivale. I am also off during the week but I'm going down southampton this week to see the little sis (first month in Uni and cant get her laptop workin so Big Bro to the rescue......plus another good reason to get pished in cheap boozers!!

I need to get some hot grips as well and fit em but up until now I've been **** scared of messin the job up, I'll prolly get someone to fit em for me, any of you guys be able to recommend someone in the greenford or slough area to fit them for me (I'm a bit of a numpty/wimp when it comes to electrics!)?
Old 22-10-07, 12:01 AM   #7
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Ah - well we'll see then I guess!

I need to fit hotgrips aswell, I got a bit scared about my electrics after my regulator burnt out, but I think it'll cope with heated grips

Muffs are good for keeping out the wind and rain, slight areodynamic drag though, not realyl what I want with my lack of power

Matt
hey wwill you be there if I can make it for that time? I will drop in the way home....the heated grips look easy to fit and should take to long.

I got the new oxofrd ones which you connect direct to the battery they switch when it detetcs the engine isn't on. They are selling for £29.99 at J&S in watford bargin. All I have do now is fit them!
Old 23-10-07, 08:05 PM   #8
metalmonkey

I can't make tomorrow, still fitting hot grips its all a bit.....

I am around next next week though during the day, I may even have the grips working by then!
Old 23-10-07, 09:01 PM   #9
sv650nutter149

fri nights best time to go from 6 onwards
Old 23-10-07, 11:07 PM   #10
JediGoat

I live about 5 mins from the Ace, so if anyone wants to meet for brekkie anyday, let me know.

Friday nights can be a pain to find people (very busy) as is the first monday in the month (full of 16 year olds).

Oh, and remember, try to park your bike in the car park - folks stunt in the street, and it's not unheard of for them to screw up and take other bikes out (no stunting in car park).

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote