SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 13-07-11, 08:37 PM   #1
Scythe92

Default Anywhere for SV Brake pads around South Cheshire/Stoke?

Hi people,

After some new rear brake pads for my SV. Need to get them tomorrow afternoon, anywhere local I can get them from? I was looking at Single Tracker in Crewe (Suzuki main dealer).

Also, any difference between some OEM and branded, such as KBC? Thanks.
Old 14-07-11, 08:28 AM   #2
Ian1971

Default Re: Anywhere for SV Brake pads around South Cheshire/Stoke?

Have you tried norman and birch in Hanley? used to get my parts from there for the sv, DK in newcastle or Hien Gerrickle all have them aswell.
Old 15-07-11, 12:38 AM   #3
Preston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe92 View Post
Hi people,

After some new rear brake pads for my SV. Need to get them tomorrow afternoon, anywhere local I can get them from? I was looking at Single Tracker in Crewe (Suzuki main dealer).

Also, any difference between some OEM and branded, such as KBC? Thanks.
Well if you not in a rush try the net, Cant say i like getting things from Suzuki main dealer cos they charge more and there not that grate.

used alot of EBC and brembo pads and for the price i find EBC are spot on around £25 for front and £19 for back sets.
Old 15-07-11, 03:06 PM   #4
Scythe92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Well if you not in a rush try the net, Cant say i like getting things from Suzuki main dealer cos they charge more and there not that grate.

used alot of EBC and brembo pads and for the price i find EBC are spot on around £25 for front and £19 for back sets.
Got them from Singletracker in Crewe.

For the back, they are £17 for organic, or £21 for sintered, both EBC.
Old 17-07-11, 04:19 PM   #5
Preston

:-S Singal tracker = Dirty word!!!!! cant stand that place always over charge and would not trust them with a scrap bike let alone a bike worth somthing over £1..

Give you an idea why.. i got my 1st sv650 from them on the 1st full service they tryed to chage me £600 even tho 1st full service was free And then they wanted to chage me for partys they had not fitted..

tryed to charge me for the alarm ( i fitted my self ) and then tryed to charge me for an alarm they fitted to a diff bike.

on the 2nd full service they put 2 stoke oil in the engine ( that was phill the so called head mechanic )
didnt say anything and then after only doing 2 miles from the shop the bottom of the engine was blow out BIG BANG!... and they tryed to say it was not there falt and would not fix it... when i explained it was 2 stoke oil in the engine and not the right engine oil and said i would call suzuki and report them did they say ok well sort it.

they then tryed to fit an engine from an old 99 sv in my 2001 NEW! sv.. so i reported em to suzuki after that they would not stop licking my ass to get it sorted, even tho it took over 3 months to fix it.

and the funny thing is i know 6 people since 2005 that have had teh same thing happen to them.

this is why i always go to my boys at earl street, all the same parts if its not in stock they order it that day for next day delivery. 99% of the time they will get you better parts for less money, the work is bob on
and a Hell of alot cheaper.

am lucky as i do all the work to my bikes myself but if i ever need somthing i take the bikes to the work shop and do the work there.. just pay for any parts i use off the shelf.

anyway lol .. I would go Sintered over organic but thats me.. i have tryed the brembo organic - ceramic pads but for road use are no better than the EBC sintered.

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?st=pt&pt=49
Old 18-07-11, 10:44 AM   #6
Scythe92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
:-S Singal tracker = Dirty word!!!!! cant stand that place always over charge and would not trust them with a scrap bike let alone a bike worth somthing over £1..

Give you an idea why.. i got my 1st sv650 from them on the 1st full service they tryed to chage me £600 even tho 1st full service was free And then they wanted to chage me for partys they had not fitted..

tryed to charge me for the alarm ( i fitted my self ) and then tryed to charge me for an alarm they fitted to a diff bike.

on the 2nd full service they put 2 stoke oil in the engine ( that was phill the so called head mechanic )
didnt say anything and then after only doing 2 miles from the shop the bottom of the engine was blow out BIG BANG!... and they tryed to say it was not there falt and would not fix it... when i explained it was 2 stoke oil in the engine and not the right engine oil and said i would call suzuki and report them did they say ok well sort it.

they then tryed to fit an engine from an old 99 sv in my 2001 NEW! sv.. so i reported em to suzuki after that they would not stop licking my ass to get it sorted, even tho it took over 3 months to fix it.

and the funny thing is i know 6 people since 2005 that have had teh same thing happen to them.

this is why i always go to my boys at earl street, all the same parts if its not in stock they order it that day for next day delivery. 99% of the time they will get you better parts for less money, the work is bob on
and a Hell of alot cheaper.

am lucky as i do all the work to my bikes myself but if i ever need somthing i take the bikes to the work shop and do the work there.. just pay for any parts i use off the shelf.

anyway lol .. I would go Sintered over organic but thats me.. i have tryed the brembo organic - ceramic pads but for road use are no better than the EBC sintered.

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?st=pt&pt=49
I didn't realise they were so bad.. I only bought them off the shelf and fitted them myself anyway.
I thought about sintered, but these organic's are enough for me. I'm fitting sintered on the front so will have more bite, where I need it.