SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 28-05-07, 12:50 PM   #1
davidjohnson

Default SV650s Tail Tidy for sale

Unused - SV650s Tail Tidy which fits K4 model (and possibly K5 model). Instructions provided and the only thing that is missing is two washers which can be bought at any DIY store. The Tail Tidy is made of thinner (metal) material than the original (plastic) and requires two washers for fixing the rear light. Let me know if anyone is interested before I put on EBay. I'm looking for £30.00 plus postage (can't be much as the Tail Tidy is very light).
Cheers, David.
Old 28-05-07, 12:59 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650s Tail Tidy for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjohnson View Post
Unused - SV650s Tail Tidy which fits K4 model (and possibly K5 model). Instructions provided and the only thing that is missing is two washers which can be bought at any DIY store. The Tail Tidy is made of thinner (metal) material than the original (plastic) and requires two washers for fixing the rear light. Let me know if anyone is interested before I put on EBay. I'm looking for £30.00 plus postage (can't be much as the Tail Tidy is very light).
Cheers, David.
Have you got a piccy of the tail tidy, I have seen a few different makes and versions about. Some leaving big gaps?

Please post piccy I may be interested.

Cheers
Shell
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-07, 01:59 PM   #3
davidjohnson

Hi Shell,

I have attached the URL so you can view the images as requested. It is a Hamicad Tail Tidy.

Cheers,
David.

http://uk.geocities.com/dgj.uk@btinternet.com/pic1.JPG
http://uk.geocities.com/dgj.uk@btinternet.com/pic2.JPG
Old 29-05-07, 07:27 AM   #4
T0mm0

Hi,

Would the tail tidy come with all the necessary fittings bar the 2 washers.

T0mm0
Old 29-05-07, 11:58 AM   #5
davidjohnson

T0mm0,

As far as I am aware all the existing fittings from your SV650 are used to fit this Tail Tidy (bar the two washers). This is the reason for the washers, as the bolts that you remove from the bike, are longer than what are necessary to fit the tail tidy, thus the washers are used to pad out the difference when you fit the Tail Tidy back on. I have attached a link to the manufacture's website which shows the fitting instructions.

http://www.hamicad.co.uk/SV_Fender/S...ions%20new.pdf

Hope this helps.
David.
Old 29-05-07, 01:16 PM   #6
AlanB

Hi David,

i've pm'd you on this item. Get in touch and I'll sort out the payment.

cheers,

Alan
Old 29-05-07, 01:19 PM   #7
T0mm0

Hi David,

Many thanks for your reply but it would appear i'm a little too late (AlanB)

If things shouldn't work out please let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks
T0mm0