SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-10-06, 05:04 PM   #1
bobit69

Default Bike Dropping Maps & Running Lean AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right....

Bike seems to be dropping maps, and reverts to running lean. I have had it remapped twice now (first one granted, was due to the new RS filter bedding in!)... Now it has dropped it again. (Probably happened about 8 times in all now! Grrrrrr )

Would a Power Commander always adjust itself???? As it is cheaper than getting it remapped every 4 months!

Views please......
Old 31-10-06, 05:06 PM   #2
thor

Surely this is an electrical problem?
Old 31-10-06, 05:23 PM   #3
jhsracing

Default Re: Bike Dropping Maps & Running Lean AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way that the std ECU will ever drop a map, it is impossible . What is your set up?
jh
www.jhsracing.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobit69
Right....

Bike seems to be dropping maps, and reverts to running lean. I have had it remapped twice now (first one granted, was due to the new RS filter bedding in!)... Now it has dropped it again. (Probably happened about 8 times in all now! Grrrrrr )

Would a Power Commander always adjust itself???? As it is cheaper than getting it remapped every 4 months!

Views please......
Old 31-10-06, 05:56 PM   #4
bobit69

Nothing changed since last remap... slip on exhaust, BMC RS filter & tank spacers... Ohh and go faster stickers.. Would they do it?

You can tell it is running lean, it doesn't want to rev up, and it is easier to wheelie which is bad and good respectively.
Old 31-10-06, 08:06 PM   #5
SV650Racer

It cant drop maps and not revving out often isnt due to it running lean.

Your problem certainly sounds electrical related. Damp in the front plug?..does it get worse or cut out when wet?. Have you checked battery connections etc?.

Would be worth getting it in and plugged into the SDS software to see whats happening (diagnostics software).
Old 31-10-06, 08:10 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

There's always been rumours of Yosh box remaps "falling off", but tbh I've always dismissed it as just being bo***cks... Never seen a substantiated claim, it's always "My mate", "this guy", or (most commonly) from a tuner with a Teka setup or a load of PCs to sell.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-06, 11:13 PM   #7
bobit69

sv650racer this is exactly the same scenario before I brought it back down to the garage (steve jordans) before and it had gone lean again, no water in the front plug, never has been... Fender extender since day one... Gone through Ireland's finest and never a problem.

So... the question is... Electrical?? Well why is it that it sorts itself out as soon as it gets remapped again...

I want a carbed bike, anyone wanna swop... getting fed up now.. Northy yours will do
Old 01-11-06, 08:58 AM   #8
sdusk

Are you sure that it is not the change in weather conditions. A custom map is only really valid for one set of conditions. As the air density changes (due to temperature/atmospheric pressure), your custom map will no longer be correct. If the map were to revert to stock you would be running rich, not lean.