SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 18-02-17, 09:52 PM   #1
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default keis heated inner gloves

I recently heard about these from someone I met while skiing, so I have gone and bought myself a pair online. however I stupidly didn't buy a battery pack with these at the same time.... however when I have searched to try and buy one everywhere seems to be out of stock. does anyone have any alternative suggestions I could try? needs to be a 12v rechargeable (obviously).....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 11:36 PM   #2
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: keis heated inner gloves

That'll be because they have stopped doing them, I got a pair just before Xmas, had them wired in. Managed to get one sourced through infinity motorcycles. They used to do a 2200mah and 4400mah pack, the guy in infinity said the 4400 I got was one of the last ones they could scrounge
Old 19-02-17, 07:45 PM   #3
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
That'll be because they have stopped doing them, I got a pair just before Xmas, had them wired in. Managed to get one sourced through infinity motorcycles. They used to do a 2200mah and 4400mah pack, the guy in infinity said the 4400 I got was one of the last ones they could scrounge
damn it! I want to be able to use them away from the bike as well! i'll go to my branch of infinity and see if they can source me one or two, they're pretty helpful with things like that....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob

Last edited by chris8886; 19-02-17 at 07:46 PM.
Old 20-02-17, 12:43 PM   #4
ophic
Mega Poster

if it's any help, I bet that inside the plastic housing there are 3 x 3.7V 18650 cells. It shouldn't be too hard to fabricate something similar if required. Although it would involve ebay, duck tape and soldering
Old 20-02-17, 08:23 PM   #5
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
if it's any help, I bet that inside the plastic housing there are 3 x 3.7V 18650 cells. It shouldn't be too hard to fabricate something similar if required. Although it would involve ebay, duck tape and soldering

no, it's not! lol, I think I shall be hitting up ebay, see if I can find any batteries there....
Old 21-02-17, 06:29 PM   #6
daktulos

You may be able to avoid the duct tape by looking at radio control aircraft batteries, although I would avoid the LiPo ones for safety reasons.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-17, 10:22 PM   #7
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

I have a set of the 12v Motorcycle Keis heated inner gloves.Had them about 5 years now.Still going strong.

Are these the ones you mean,

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/keis_heat...ping_feed_gg17

They were expensive and now even more so but they have lasted well.I think I paid around 40 quid for them but of course they have gone up over time.

Anyhoo,

You could rig up some connectors and power them from one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-2800mA...AAAOSwo4pYGVWf

I don't know previous poster says there's a problem with LiPO.Please explain.

Note:I work in the Aircraft industry and there are billions of Lithium/Polymer batteries in use all around the world that give no problems including in everyday devices we use.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 06:55 PM   #8
Toooldtodie

For the unitiated, these things are the nuts.
They don't broil your fingers, but just trickle in heat, 12W. Perfect in sub-zero temperatures, but it is like riding with (warm) boxing gloves on. And the connectors are bulky, come undone unless you're careful and the wires are like positioned like the kid who needed his mittens tied together so he didn't lose them! When you find your solution they truly are a God-send and make your winter travels that much more enjoyable.
I remember the battery packs being available from the Keiss website but they're more expensive than the gloves £75 or similar?
Old 23-01-18, 07:44 PM   #9
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

I have had no Trouble with my Keis inner gloves.I ran the cables inside my jacket and sewed them in so they couldn't move.I've never had the plugs to glove cause me any problems.Yes they do add bulk to my gloves but I've grown used to them over the years and couldn't now ride in the cold without them.

I tried a cheap set of those battery pack heated gloves.Re-charging the battery packs became old very very quick so I'd never go back to battery packs.
Old 24-01-18, 07:16 PM   #10
Toooldtodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
I have had no trouble with my Keis inner gloves.I ran the cables inside my jacket and sewed them in so they couldn't move
You are that kid with the mittens!!!
Seriously though, if riding year round they make a helluva difference. Carp-icles are a thing of the past and toasty digits put me in a place where my chakras are definitely better balanced.