SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-08-21, 01:16 PM   #31
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vegetarian

Yes, I am clearly depressed, but the medication only works for clinical depression, not for living in a sick society that worships money above all else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 01:58 PM   #32
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
My degree is in Environmental Science, I studied Climate change, plus the agricultural, industrial and societal causes of it. I left Uni in 1997 and later qualified as a teacher, where I tried to teach kids about the world and the climate crisis through outdoor and environmental education... To apathy, disinterest and then several violent assaults that pushed me out of teaching forever. I don't care anymore. I made an informed choice and never had kids. As for the rest of the world, F**k 'em.

I'm quite happy knowing that the world is not in any danger at all. OK, it might become difficult for us to live on it for a while, but in geological time, our existence is a blink of the eye and when we die out, the world will simply carry on. Evolution will create new life forms that can survive what we did and don't forget, extinction is an entirely natural event too.

For those who do care, good luck trying to persuade the industrialise nations that do the most damage, to do less. The almighty dollar rules.

Long may we live and die out.

100% agree..... pretty soon China will be building coal fired power stations in Afghanistan, which on their own will cancel out any savings UK may make at horrendous cost of £trillions...
UK makes less then 1% of emissions anyway. Developing countries have seen how unreliable output from wind and solar can be and realised if they want a reliable electricity supply to power
their economic growth they need reliable coal.. So while the west virtue signals and agonises over gender pronouns they will just do what they need to do ( bit like the Victorians in UK ) and
let others worry over alleged sea level rises etc.

The truth is humans are a pox on the planet and actually deserve to go extinct.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 27-08-21 at 04:42 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 03:53 PM   #33
redtrummy

Jayne, SV650

I can understand where you are coming and agree with some of the main points, however I have always followed the ethos 'If you've broken it, then fix it'.

I wont be around to see it, but heading how we are then mass famine will be a by product, then the world will be in dire straights and the third world war will probably erupt.
We owe it to future generations to try and correct our misdemeanour's. People are beginning to realise things are not right and I for one hope its not to late.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-21, 08:05 PM   #34
keith_d
Mega Poster

Unfortunately, humans are bloody adaptable. Even before the industrial age we had colonised almost every corner of the planet. So global warming might mean the end of civilisation as we know it, but there will still be humans, rats, and cockroaches.

Maybe a massive meteor strike or a nuclear holocaust could finish us off as a species, but not global warming.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-21, 09:17 AM   #35
Bibio
Mega Poster

there is a massive opportunity to help with poverty in some parts of Africa by turning them into solar farms and feeding Europe with power but are governments and companies doing it? are they fek. nobody does anything when Africa needs help (well anything that makes a difference) but the moment something happens in Afghanistan its all hell breaks loose due to a gas pipe... which is fossil fuel.. the world is mad.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote