SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-21, 12:23 PM   #9561
Kenzie

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Not allowed to cough or sneeze without people looking at you funny.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:27 PM   #9562
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

You'll want to avoid XL moto then. They're based in Poland and have a UK website address. Supposedly to make it easier for UK customers to find them rather than deceive anyone into believing they're based in the UK. Pretty blatantly the same thing though. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. They even went on to Trust Pilot to argue with my review of my experiences.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 13-05-21 at 12:28 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:34 PM   #9563
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i have several domains .co.uk and .com and have never once been asked to provide proof of a company. registering a domain is not the same as registering a company. its a domain name and up to the holder to do what they please with it unless for fraudulent or other nature. i can also trade all over the world with a .co.uk domain so same goes for other country's. its search engines like google who try and keep it geographic or .com for its users.

but yes its a bit cheeky using a uk domain if you stay in china.

oohh i also have a VOIP phone that i can have numbers from all over the world to make it look like i have offices in London, New York.. etc.etc.
I had an Albanian domain once , that took some minor fraud to get hold of. Much more rigorous than the UK
Old 13-05-21, 02:41 PM   #9564
shiftin_gear98

Someday's I hate work, and some days I really ****ing hate all the pointless ****ing **** I have to do.
Today is the latter.

Really looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 13-05-21, 04:00 PM   #9565
Swin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
installing an additional security camera to the house, so running a cable under eaves in the loft,

Discovered two wasp nests when I removed the boxing for access, Explains the glut of the things lately. So I need to kill them without upsetting the bees I know are also nesting in the cavity.
A friend of mine's brother was a bee keeper and found a wasp nest in a neighbours compost heap, killed them by misting it with petrol.
This may be a method of killing your wasps without harming the bees, although if they are close together the fumes might be harmful to the bees.
Old 13-05-21, 05:05 PM   #9566
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Mav. its not the laptop its webex. contact Cisco and tell them your problem or get the other participants to swap over to another app for webchat, there are loads out there that are free.
Bibs, nah it's my ancient laptop, whatever Windows 10 update did, it killed something which killed the sound. I can't even get sound on YouTube videos, unless I hook up a Bluetooth speaker using a Bluetooth dongle. So even the onboard Bluetooth has stopped working after this update?
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 05:11 PM   #9567
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Bibs, it's not always easy to get everyone on the same platform. We're blocked from using Skype for instance and cannot use our own kit for anything. My client uses Teams and we use Google Meet, and they don't get along, so if a Clent joins us on Meet they have to remember to turn off their VPN or they cannot get off mute... Crazy.
Same here, although we can use Skype or Teams on our work laptops, but not Webbex.

The Dutch are the hosts, so use Webbex, but the French can't, they use Teams, so they don't participate.

I'm not sure how many of my counterparts are using their own equipment to join these meetings, judging by the videos, most were at home

Let's go back to the face to face meetings, so much simpler and more got done over a beer afterwards
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 11:08 PM   #9568
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
You become a pariah when ill in a pandemic...

Can't say I blame folks but I don't have covid!
Sorry ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 09:54 PM   #9569
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Phoned insurance to make some changes today, only to find out that they had no record of the bike. After a bit of investigation it seems they removed it from my policy last December after I made a call to them with some inquiries, which I decided to not go ahead with. They claim they didn't hear back from me so removed the bike.

I *might* have been riding it on and off for the last few months. Not happy. Glad I phoned them and didn't carry on riding blissfully unaware until September when the (multi-bike) policy ends.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 11:32 PM   #9570
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Phoned insurance to make some changes today, only to find out that they had no record of the bike. After a bit of investigation it seems they removed it from my policy last December after I made a call to them with some inquiries, which I decided to not go ahead with. They claim they didn't hear back from me so removed the bike.

I *might* have been riding it on and off for the last few months. Not happy. Glad I phoned them and didn't carry on riding blissfully unaware until September when the (multi-bike) policy ends.
Sounds odd, but depends what the enquiries were you decided not to go ahead with I suppose ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote