SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 01-08-09, 06:18 PM   #1
Baph

Default Ace Cafe, 28/08/09

Right then, following on from my last unsuccessful venture to the Ace, I'll be there again.

Since there were comments of last time being a little late notice, this time, I'm planning well ahead. Those of you that are still too disorganised, well, fine.

My plans are to be in the area for about a week, but I will be at the Ace again on Monday 31/08/09. I'm a little unsure of time, but if it works out similar to last time, I should get to the Ace somewhere around 11-12 ish (depending on how lost I get ). I've no real plans about time to set off back, but I need to be in work for 3pm the next day. I'll probably set off home early on the 1st though.

It would be good to see some old faces, and there's a few from the Smoke that I've not met yet.

So, open invite to all. I will stretch to a few drinks, but remember, I'm a Yorkshireman!!

EDIT: Contrary to the above; plans have now changed. I won't be at the Ace on the 31st. However, I will be there on Friday 28th August, in the evening. Performance bikes night apparently...

Last edited by Baph; 08-08-09 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Plans changed, clarity for those reading the OP.
Old 01-08-09, 06:34 PM   #2
Paws

Default Re: Ace Cafe, 31/08/09

Nicely edited babes

I MAY put in a appearance (just so certain people are aware and so can avoid coming )

Dont know if it'l be on 675 or as a pillion, depends how the Sat night goes ( ) So i'll contact you on the sunday night babe & let you know
Old 01-08-09, 08:44 PM   #3
Baph

No probs hun, I'm in two minds as to if I'd prefer you to take the 675 or go pillion... both have their plus points.

I'm sure you'll let me know what you're doing though.

As for the edit, heh, anyone can get their days mixed up.
Old 03-08-09, 07:49 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero

Hmmm, its quite short notice, i'll have to re-arrange some things in my diary. I had a whole day planned of "nothing"

See you there on my creaky SV with maria on the back, she'll be a slacker from that day onwards for a whole week

Paws, come on the triumph
Old 03-08-09, 11:13 AM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

I'm likely to miss you again Dave, will be knackered from a Weekends LARPing, so will likely just shoot straight through town from the A1.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 02:22 PM   #6
anna
Mega Poster

Baph you do make me laugh at times, you know the best place and time to meet the sohoers is in Frith

Last edited by anna; 03-08-09 at 02:27 PM.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 11:08 PM   #7
Rorshach

as i am currently off ...i might just make it!
Old 04-08-09, 02:15 PM   #8
Baph

Dave, no probs. There'll be other times I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
Baph you do make me laugh at times, you know the best place and time to meet the sohoers is in Frith
Anna, I make you laugh?? Try the other way around! The only time I've been to Frith in the past, Paul had to lead me there & I think it was him that lead me back out again. If not him, someone did.

Yeah, I've got a phone with built in GPS now, but it's not setup to be run on the bike yet - and besides, my riding changes dramatically when I get to the North Circ let alone any further south. I'd rather stay out of the big city ta.

Besides, it aint like you'll be there (Ace or Frith), so

I'm going to have square tyres in no time with all this up & down the M6/M1 lark. Though if the weather is half decent I'll be on the A5 for most of it this time, it's still not the most twisty of roads. I'm actually starting to see the benefit of having a car - their tyres start off square!!
Old 04-08-09, 09:00 PM   #9
thedonal

Y'know- I might just make it out to that one.

But I won't promise- in case last minute band stuff comes up (it's eating a lot of my free time at the moment- and the time spare after that is the chillin' zone..).

Keep reminding me.

Hell- I might even commit to AR10!!
Old 05-08-09, 12:05 AM   #10
rictus01
Mega Poster

well as prevoiusly said, I doubt you'll geta fantastic turn out at lunchtime, most will have either planned the day and already left by then (as they had last time) or not be returning until later in the day, as for myself if not on a rideout amd mobile I'll be in north London, so will drop into the ace at some point in the afternoon when I'm done as I normally do, so if you're still about I'll see you then.

(Oh and I've no idea what the edit was and normally wouldn't care, I edit my posts quite frequently, but Laura's comment does make it seem some "politics" or perhap little dig there, don't know if that's the case, but much as Paul's facebook shotgun blast post, never goes down well mate.)

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote