SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-08-09, 09:37 PM   #1
ManxMatt34

Default Thinking of moving back?

Ok i've thought hard and long about this, i love the IOM but work wise with me only having 2 gcses ( i think i got D's), and w/e i can't do much here, you can't get in the college for any courses etc... even if i wanted to.

Now i know you SV'rs are full of useful info. I would possibly look to move back in the next 6 months or so, if so what sort of things do i need to sort. Any advice where to start, i ofc would need accomadation and work. I would like to work in some form of driving but have no HGV lisence, i do have a full bike and car lisence ofc, so i have no idea what that entitles me too drive, and where i can get any sort of useful job.

Any advice where to start with things and start looking would be much appriciated, 1 very very bored manx resident seriously considering moving back to uk!
Old 25-08-09, 09:41 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thinking of moving back?

most driving jobs ask you to be 21 or over, i went for a delivery driving job a few weeks back when i got laid off, also went just as a driver for a car sales to drive customers cars about for them, also 21 or over

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-09, 09:43 PM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

How long have you been there?
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-09, 09:46 PM   #4
ManxMatt34

ye alot seems to be 21. im not there for another 2 and half years sadly, i would probably aim to live somewhere in the north of England so i can get the boats etc... across to see family and what not. Any suggestions for jobs where i get to do some form of driving and can do at 18 ( i have 2 and abit years in catering on my cv thats it).

\I would just need the chance to prove myself really at work!
Old 25-08-09, 09:47 PM   #5
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
How long have you been there?
about 2 years 3 months around. Been coming backwards and forwards for big periods too see my dad for about a futher year and a half before that.
Old 25-08-09, 09:49 PM   #6
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
Ok i've thought hard and long about this, i love the IOM but work wise with me only having 2 gcses ( i think i got D's), and w/e i can't do much here, you can't get in the college for any courses etc... even if i wanted to.

Now i know you SV'rs are full of useful info. I would possibly look to move back in the next 6 months or so, if so what sort of things do i need to sort. Any advice where to start, i ofc would need accomadation and work. I would like to work in some form of driving but have no HGV lisence, i do have a full bike and car lisence ofc, so i have no idea what that entitles me too drive, and where i can get any sort of useful job.

Any advice where to start with things and start looking would be much appriciated, 1 very very bored manx resident seriously considering moving back to uk!
What do you actually want to do for a job, want out of life?

I have met and worked with a lot bored in the UK or where ever whatever they do.

Work out where you want to be. Would on the job training be better for you? Desite my degree, I find learning on the job is fun, but for me being classroom has its place but I find right now I'm ahead of the crowd.
Old 25-08-09, 09:55 PM   #7
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
What do you actually want to do for a job, want out of life?

I have met and worked with a lot bored in the UK or where ever whatever they do.

Work out where you want to be. Would on the job training be better for you? Desite my degree, I find learning on the job is fun, but for me being classroom has its place but I find right now I'm ahead of the crowd.
Firstly i'll say i hate learning in classrooms etc... sitting down studying all that, find it horendously boring, note my appauling quals. thats because i used to just skive and **** about essentially.

I love the technicality of driving sound weird i know, just anything to do with driving is great for me, i love the challenge i was dissapointed to realise about 3 weeks ago i couldn't take my HGV lisence till i was 21 which i wanted to work on over this winter.

In life i just want to be able to afford to continue biking and support myself, go the pub bla bla nothing immense, certinaly not in the any time near future, i've never really been intrested in a long term learning career or offfice jobs etc....

And then just hopefully (not very likely) find someone to be with the rest of my life, nothing major just a normal life doing what i enjoy listed above.
Old 25-08-09, 09:57 PM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

could do some labouring as a temp thing, hard work sometime but reasonable money........ or a scaffa

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 25-08-09, 09:59 PM   #9
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
could do some labouring as a temp thing, hard work sometime but reasonable money........ or a scaffa
I'm hardly mister muscle :P not been funny :P
Old 25-08-09, 10:01 PM   #10
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
I'm hardly mister muscle :P not been funny :P
hey i used to be a chubby little ****er....... since i got into construction I've got well into shape, i even had what resembled a slight 6 pack before my 1st accident

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis