SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-09-04, 04:21 PM   #1
graywok

Default Mirror Extenders

For all those people with the S version who are fed up with seeing their elbows in the mirrors!!!
I hear that Chewy of SV1000 fame is shortly making mirror extenders - yee hah!..
They arent on the website yet but he will be adding them shortly.
I,ve got mine on pre-order just now.
Cheers
Graham
Old 10-09-04, 05:39 PM   #2
Thumpa

They are on the Chewy-stuff website now - looks like a slick solution to an unnecessary problem, Mr Suzuki!

Nice one again, Chewy.
Old 10-09-04, 05:56 PM   #3
Cloggsy

Great stuff, I'll be investing in some of those

How come Chewy hasn't got a link to our site on his links page
Old 10-09-04, 06:19 PM   #4
Thumpa

He has
Old 10-09-04, 06:21 PM   #5
Alaniski

Anyone ever bought anything off him?

I've ordered mine . . .I lik emy elbows, but I figure if I can have my mirros further apart I can point them ffurther in and see them from a new angle
Old 10-09-04, 06:28 PM   #6
Thumpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaniski

I've ordered mine . . .I lik emy elbows, but I figure if I can have my mirros further apart I can point them ffurther in and see them from a new angle
Check out the testimonials page?
Old 12-09-04, 10:41 PM   #7
chewy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaniski

Check out the testimonials page?
Thanks for the big thumbs up BIG T Did this mod for the SV1000s but not spotted it works on the sv650s joind the forum tonight to see if i can help.

TOSS THOES ****TY MIRROS part 2 (No need to NOW)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIRROR SPACERS FOR SV650s & SV1000s

Pair of machined black delrin spacers to bring out the mirrors by 24mm to give a better view of what’s behind you no more staring at your elbows the sample in the photo is a prototype and the finished product will have a better smooth and shiny finish when done.
Materiel is now on order. I have had them tested up to and over speeds of 135 mph in off road conditions by a professional test rider . The spacers are recessed on the outside so you will not have to remove the mirrors rubber backing no vibration detected simple to fit comes with stainless replacement bolts fits both SV650s AND SV1000s price to your door £22.75 all in.
Will add to website a soon as possible.

I will be taking pre orders via the website or just PM me or just add your name below.

Delrin® Stock Shapes have many of the same characteristics of industrial metals such as brass, aluminum, zink, and stainless steel. Some comparable properties include stiffness, dimensional stability, impact resistance, and structural strength. These properties along with its reasonable price has led Delrin® to replace many industrial metals in various applications. Delrin® is an outstanding general purpose mechanical plastic, and is popular for its versatility in industry today.
Attached Thumbnails

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

will post up when ready for posting tomorrow night. Monday

hope this is ok for you all
Old 13-09-04, 09:02 PM   #8
chewy22

Just to keep you up to speed placed my order today to have the mirror spacers made 1st batch just waiting for the phone call for ETA then i can post to all who have orderd. Many thanks.

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/
Old 13-09-04, 09:55 PM   #9
Baldyman

Just placed my order, hope ETA is soon. When I went on my Bikesafe course the copper evaluating my ride thought I must have had an "underarm problem" as I was always lifting my elbows
Old 13-09-04, 09:58 PM   #10
chewy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman
Just placed my order, hope ETA is soon. When I went on my Bikesafe course the copper evaluating my ride thought I must have had an "underarm problem" as I was always lifting my elbows
Know what you mean thats why i had them done, Will keep you posted. Thanks for the order.

chris