SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-05-18, 02:55 PM   #1
Tamsen Cooper

Default Selling a 125 bike drama!

This is a slight rant, I just wonder if anyone else has come up with this many dramas trying to sell a bike...

So I bought my other half a 125cc bike after we went to Silverstone with the idea that she would learn and join me on ride outs. She passed her CBT, gave it a go on a private road, hated it, and the bike sat in the garage for 2 years!

Time to let it go (and the dream of dual ride outs), so before I sold it, I tidied it up, replaced the fuel lines, charged the battery and looked for the paperwork... couldn't find the V5C doc anywhere! Turns out when I contacted the DVLA that they had her name logged but no address, so they had never sent the V5C- great no £25 for me to get it replaced, but they do want me to pay 2 years road tax. You see, as she never rode it, I never SORN'd it as it was tucked away in the garage (yes, I now know you have to do it anyway). I have sent an appeal letter to the DVLA stating that with no log book, and no 16 digit code sent via reminder letter, I could not have taxed it, 2 weeks later, I am still waiting, at worst this could be £36 so not the end of the world.

V5C document arrives this afternoon- hurrah!
I go to put the bike on gumtree, and they remove it as the HPI check states it has been stolen When I phone the HPI people up, they said it has been reported stolen by the police Sept 2017. How can the bike be reported stolen??? I have had it for 2 years in the garage AND SHE NEVER RODE THE BLOODY BIKE!!!!! I would be delighted if the poor thing had had a good ride out!

They are investigating a 'potential admin error' with no charge, but it could take 5 working days... So I still cannot try and sell it yet...

Going to go and work on my pretty SV650, that will make me feel better!
Tamsen Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 07:18 PM   #2
Toooldtodie

Default Re: Selling a 125 bike drama!

That's a PITA.
I agree though. 2nd best ride of the day going into work on the bike, best ride of the day... home.
No matter the weather, riding my bike is always the best part of the day.
Keep up the good work on the videos as well, they have helped me enormously. Thank you!