SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 25-11-08, 12:49 PM   #1
Stig

Default AR09 Introduction.

This year, controversially, the location of the AR will not be put to the vote. It will be discussed with the moderation team and a location will be selected. Once we have decided a venue I will contact members local to the area for assistance in the organisation of the event. Once the location has been finalised and you feel you have something to offer but have not been contacted, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss ways you can help us make this years AR the best ever. Hard to think last years can be topped, but we’ll have a damn good shot at it. It’s all you guys and girls that make the event what it is, without input and help from you lot it just wouldn’t work.

Obviously the date of the AR is the most important thing to everyone and this will remain down to all of you to suggest a date. I will work out the dates to be voted on over this week and a poll will be entered by the end of the week. I will let you all know how the voting will work on the actual poll when it goes up.

Cheers

Si.
Old 25-11-08, 06:49 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: AR09 Introduction.

I think august might be a good time to hold it, the beginning of august is (according to the trend I have in my head) pretty dry and warm.
Old 25-11-08, 10:43 PM   #3
Lou M

August is perfect for me, as I get the summer holidays off, and I REALLY want to go this time.
Old 26-11-08, 07:58 AM   #4
Skip
Mega Poster

Last two years April has seen some of the best weather

Whatever happens as long as its not near the end of June I will do my best to attend
Old 26-11-08, 08:23 AM   #5
arcdef

oh ive been waiting for a thread about a big meet april does round the best idea as thats when our summer seems to start these days....how many people normally make it btw?
Old 26-11-08, 08:39 AM   #6
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Any newbies wanting an idea of what these weekends are all about. Have a look at the AR08 section, here

http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 07:28 PM   #7
Alpinestarhero

April...hmm...last year I recall riding in snow in april. Its an odd time of year, april showers and all that?

I guess we should all pack our water proofs and be realistic instead of optimistic when we see the black clouds forming on the rideout
Old 26-11-08, 09:42 PM   #8
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Ha... but I also remember getting a tan in April..in my back garden!!
It don't matter when it'll be, its the AR so therefore there is a tradition of rain

April wouldn't be good for me, I'll have just had 3 months off work and they wouldn't allow me hols that close
But these meets are an important part of my very bleak social calendar, so i try and pull out the stops to make it to them

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-08, 12:02 AM   #9
DanAbnormal

While it did rain this year, it was glorious sunshine for the actual Rideout. Which was marvellous!
Old 28-11-08, 07:50 AM   #10
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
While it did rain this year, it was glorious sunshine for the actual Rideout. Which was marvellous!
Err... not the last half an hour or so. But I got a bit of sunburn on Swanage beach