SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-11-10, 08:09 AM   #21

Default Re: OK you lot, who has pinched the car key

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishman View Post
have you turned it off and on again hth
thats my line...

Tim, your loving wife will have "tidied it away" meaning she will have moved it, forgotten and then blame you when she finds it two days after having a new one delivered from Vauxhall.
Old 04-11-10, 08:13 AM   #22
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
thats my line...

Tim, your loving wife will have "tidied it away" meaning she will have moved it, forgotten and then blame you when she finds it two days after having a new one delivered from Vauxhall.

Nah, she's from Salford.

She's given the key to some scally to use the car for a "quiet little earner" so long as it comess back with at least three wheels and some glass intact!

I told you Tim, it's over there...

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 08:14 AM   #23
timwilky
Mega Poster

Alex, far worse than Vauxhall, it is Ford. As in the remote fob for the daughter car. The ear bending I got last night, you would think she was my wife not daughter. Obviously got advanced nagging lessons from her mum. Remember she was the one who hid my bike keys to make sure I did some DIY, and then went on holiday forgetting to return the keys.

If it isn't found or replaced by the weekend she is threatening to loose both my car keys. And I know she is evil enough to do it.
Old 04-11-10, 08:21 AM   #24
timwilky
Mega Poster

Pete, many years ago my father stopped in Moss Side to buy some cigars, as he left the news agent he was relieved of his car keys, watch and wallet by 3 brick out houses. They gave him a fiver out of his wallet and said catch the bus. He didn't argue.

2 days later the car was used in an armed robbery. The grief/agro all round. There were underhand accusations that he had funded the robbery, that the guns used were mine etc. Even though the car was recovered very quickly it took months for it to be returned by GMP. So Wilky cars being used for little earners does not sit comfortable with me.
Old 04-11-10, 08:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Alex, far worse than Vauxhall, it is Ford. As in the remote fob for the daughter car. The ear bending I got last night, you would think she was my wife not daughter. Obviously got advanced nagging lessons from her mum. Remember she was the one who hid my bike keys to make sure I did some DIY, and then went on holiday forgetting to return the keys.

If it isn't found or replaced by the weekend she is threatening to loose both my car keys. And I know she is evil enough to do it.
if its a ford why does she need the key, can't she just pop the lock?

unless its a new fangled ford then she might need a brick to "unlock" the car...
Old 04-11-10, 09:44 AM   #26
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
The ear bending I got last night, you would think she was my wife not daughter.

Remember she was the one who hid my bike keys to make sure I did some DIY, and then went on holiday forgetting to return the keys.

Sounds like you need to stick her in her place, whose roof does she live under? Whose car is it in the first place?
Old 04-11-10, 09:49 AM   #27
Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Sounds like you need to stick her in her place, whose roof does she live under? Whose car is it in the first place?
+1
Old 04-11-10, 10:13 AM   #28
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post

Her car. I am accused of loosing her keys. Yes I was the last to drive it, but only because she had taken my car as it had a full tank of fuel, she works 90 miles away, and I only work 8 miles away. so we agree she puts the miles on my car when I don't need it.
Old 04-11-10, 02:41 PM   #29
Dicky Ticker

Should I put a key bleeper on your Xmas list Tim along with the anger management course for your daughter
Old 04-11-10, 03:47 PM   #30
timwilky
Mega Poster

Just had a text from her :-

Sorry I had a go at you about the car key. X

So she must have a soft spot somewhere, despite a heart of pure granite.