SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 30-06-18, 09:25 AM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Shrewsbury this afternoon

Riding into Shrewsbury this afternoon to take one of my daughters to the hairdresser (that'll work well with a crash helmet!) and then to her gymnastics club at the Grange. Anyone about wanting to meet up for a tea or coffe?

Last edited by garynortheast; 01-07-18 at 04:01 PM.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 09:54 AM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Shrewsbury this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Riding into Shrewsbury this afternoon to take on of my daughters to the hairdresser (that'll work well with a crash helmet!) and then to her gymnastics club at the Grange. Anyone about wanting to meet up for a tea or coffe?
I'd normally say yes but I'm a bit busy today. Nice day for a ride though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Old 30-06-18, 12:46 PM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Next time then John.
Journey in was grim. Accident on the A458 between Heniarth corner and Cyfronnydd, Llanfair Caereinon completely gridlocked! Traffic completely at a standstill and backed up in all directions as everyone is diverted up the little lane at Cyfronnyd and along the back road to Llanfair.
Then a massive queue of traffic on the Welshpool to Shrewsbury road. Cars, camper vans, lorries, all headed by some dopey fekwit 2hat in a snot green Fiat van car type thing doing 35ph. Everyone else largely travelling too close together for a safe overtake. Must have been 40 vehicles or more in the queue. Dull witted tool passed several places he could have pulled over but didn't. Grrrrrrr.......
Old 30-06-18, 12:51 PM   #4
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Next time then John.
Journey in was grim. Accident on the A458 between Heniarth corner and Cyfronnydd, Llanfair Caereinon completely gridlocked! Traffic completely at a standstill and backed up in all directions as everyone is diverted up the little lane at Cyfronnyd and along the back road to Llanfair.
Then a massive queue of traffic on the Welshpool to Shrewsbury road. Cars, camper vans, lorries, all headed by some dopey fekwit 2hat in a snot green Fiat van car type thing doing 35ph. Everyone else largely travelling too close together for a safe overtake. Must have been 40 vehicles or more in the queue. Dull witted tool passed several places he could have pulled over but didn't. Grrrrrrr.......
Holiday traffic! There's always some dimwit causing a tailback which leads to a hothead performing a dodgy overtake = RTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 30-06-18, 01:38 PM   #5
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Holiday traffic! There's always some dimwit causing a tailback which leads to a hothead performing a dodgy overtake = RTA.

While I was sat at the hairdressers down near Welsh Bridge at least three ambulances/police vehicles flew past with lights and sirens going. A couple more passed us going the other way on the Welshpool/Shrewsbury road too as we were stuck in the snot car queue.
Old 30-06-18, 02:20 PM   #6
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

My journey up was not much fun thanks to dawdlers and endless roadworks on the A40. Bit better after Crickhowell but did not get more than five miles on uninterrupted sweeping curves before I was stuck again. Traffic levels have gotten far worse since I last did that route ten years ago.

Heading back tomorrow on a different route but I just know that as it's a Sunday I will encounter so many cyclists and annoyed car drivers (heat and their reaction to cyclists) I may be in for a rubbish run.
Old 30-06-18, 02:44 PM   #7
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I must confess that I try not to go out joyriding on a weekend. I also try not to cross the border into England as traffic levels are noticeably worse than in Wales on the whole.
Old 30-06-18, 04:00 PM   #8
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I shall be going back a different way I think. Either the road through Coedway and Four Crosses to Llansantffraid, or the Minsterley road up through Westbury and the little lanes over Long Mountain.
Old 30-06-18, 05:15 PM   #9
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
I shall be going back a different way I think. Either the road through Coedway and Four Crosses to Llansantffraid, or the Minsterley road up through Westbury and the little lanes over Long Mountain.
Don't blame you. Keep away from the main holiday routes.

Old 30-06-18, 08:29 PM   #10
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
I also try not to cross the border into England as traffic levels are noticeably worse than in Wales on the whole.
This is why I head to Wales of a weekend, it is SO much quieter once I'm across the border. Bala tomorrow, at the lake caff at the top of Llyn Tegid about 9:30 / 9:45 with any luck ...
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote