SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-08-07, 02:23 PM   #1
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Sick of Flyers, free papers and other trash

Not a day goes by without several callers dropping junk through my letterbox. A subtle hint of leaving a recycling box by the door where I put it all has not had any effect. Even challenging the culprits is pointless, after they make the effort to turn down their ipod, they are usually devoid of communication skills or lack of understanding regarding the common courtesy of not trampling over lawns and flower beds.
Before I produce a sign or something along the lines of 'wilful tresspass and harrassment' , (which will be rather pointless since they will still walk across the garden to read and then ignore it), anyone know if there are in existance schemes to remove these deliveries, along the lines of junk phone calls and junk mail?
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-07, 02:33 PM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sick of Flyers, free papers and other trash

You can contact the royal mail to stop alot of junk coming through the door.

The 12 year olds dropping indian takeaway resturant menu's through the door and window cleaning service etc is impossible. They ignore notes on the door anyway.
Old 23-08-07, 02:38 PM   #3
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

A simple sign by your letter box (e.g. write on masking tape) saying no free papers would result in the paper boy being more than happy to have one less house to deliver to, but still get paid for it.
In my case anyway when delivering. Plain English probably works better than subtle signs IMO.

The Indian restaurant menus being delivered by the owner or family - might not work though as they actually do want to deliver to you.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-07, 03:11 PM   #4
Pedro68

Try this ...
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
It's not 100% effective, but I guess "every little helps"

EDIT: If you really want to stop them posting ... buy a BIG, LOUD, DOG