SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-03-24, 03:55 PM   #1
rowdy

Default Fuel pump problem

The bike has been sat for a good few years. Garage stored and started once in a while but not for over a year or more. Last run until the tank ran dry in my garage. I put some fuel in it and threw a new battery on it and got it fired up, although running a little rough. Road it round to the front of my house to put it on the drive and check it over.

I put some more fuel in it and turned the key to fire it up but now the fuel pump isn’t priming when I turned the key. Any suggestions or pointers as to where I can get a replacement if need be
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-24, 04:57 PM   #2
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Fuel pump problem

Is there a fault code? Can you check to make sure there is power getting to the pump?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-24, 05:18 PM   #3
rowdy

Don’t know Gary the dash has been playing up and showing a fault with engine temp for ages but it’s fine, says it’s running hot when the engine is stone cold so don’t know if that’s just temp sensor or dashboard.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
Old 29-03-24, 06:14 PM   #4
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I'd start by checking there's power to the pump then Rowdy. I'd also be looking to resolve the engine temp fault code I think.
Old 30-03-24, 11:02 AM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

Hey Rowdy good to see u. I would start by checking or just replacing the temp sensor as its a very important part of the sv running electronics maybe even replace the thermostat while your at it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-24, 12:29 PM   #6
rowdy

Hi Bibio, yeh been a while, haven’t been riding for a long time but the Mrs has farked orf so now have some me time!
Should have got my ar5e in gear and sorted it a while ago, I don’t live far from wemoto but they seem to have stopped doing the temp sensor so will have to get one from elsewhere.
Checked the fuse to the fuel system and it’s ok, so guessing the lack of use has gummed up the fuel pumped and it’s now fubared!
Old 02-04-24, 10:32 AM   #7
rowdy

Plan b was to put the new battery on my triumph. Fired up like it had only been run yesterday. Checked it all over and took it for a quick shakedown.
Then, spent Easter weekend in hospital with a broken wrist, possible fractured ribs, partially collapsed lung, hematoma on the lung and various cuts and bruises from a very strange and unprovoked accident that happened on a pretty much straight bit of road.

And the ct scan showed a few incidental issues and have now got to go for tests for cancer because they have found a tumour. So pretty sh!t Easter weekend all in all.
Old 02-04-24, 09:52 PM   #8
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Farkin Hell Rowdy!!! That's really bloody awful matey. Are you still in hospital now? Have you got a date for the scan?
Old 03-04-24, 12:12 PM   #9
rowdy

No not in hospital. Accident happened at 5pm, ambulance came and took me to hospital, probably got there around 7:30pm. They were going to let me go home at midnight but I started coughing up blood so they kept me in over night. Got sent home at around 3pm.

I had a ct scan while I was there on the Saturday. It picked up a tumour on my adrenal gland, and also some bone issues in my pelvis which might be myeloma. The adrenal gland produces hormones and controls stress and immune system. Myeloma is a cancer of the bone brought on by stress and a compromised immune system, and my blood tests are showing my blood cell counts are all over the place so it doesn’t look particularly good tbh.

About 6 months ago, my wife left me for a **** of a bloke, small time coke dealer, borderline alcoholic and a proven bull****ter, he groomed my wife and preyed on her while going through the menopause and at her lowest, while we were both trying to help him go through a divorce with his wife, who was friends with my wife. So you can imagine, for the last 6 months my stress levels have been through the roof.

I need to go for further ct scan for the tumour on the gland, and an mri for the pelvis, but I haven’t had the appointments through yet.
Old 03-04-24, 12:45 PM   #10
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I hope the medics get to grips with this quickly for you. You really don't need to be waiting for ages for scans and treatment. Best of luck with it all, keep us posted.