SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-02-05, 09:51 AM   #1
Junior

Default Relocating rear brake fluid reservoir

Like the topic says, I am wanting to relocate my rear brake fluid reservoir to just behind the right side heel gaurd. (or there-abouts) I know someone did it a few months back and posted pics, but my search was unfruitful. It makes more sense to me to have it there for ease of filling/renewing. Anyone tried this? Would I be able to use the stock one, or would I have to find an orphan? I am more or less one of those dianty fairweather types so dirt and whatnot isn't gonna be an issue. As always, any info/comments/observations/criticisms are greatly appreciated. (although not so much the criticism.......)
Old 18-02-05, 09:59 AM   #2
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

You could possibly investigate fitting a GSXR footrest plate and reservoir, I seem to remember they're all constructed in one unit.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-05, 10:02 AM   #3
Junior

Never even thought about that. Thanks.
Old 18-02-05, 02:12 PM   #4
chewy22

I removed mine and fitted a new one under the rear plastics with a custom bracket. If you look in this thread you can see how much better it looks. Its in sv1000.zyns web site so you may have to register.

http://www.sv1000.zyns.com/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=10