SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-12-05, 04:36 PM   #1
mac650s

Default have you had yours on the dyno

ok just wanting to know how much power there bike is producing and what they have done to reach this output.
mine is sitting at 83 bhp at the moment with m4 full system, dna filter with holding band(no top part of airbox),power comander mapped, ignition advancer, cams stage1 and optmax fuel.
previous system was a k@n filter, micron full system, ignition advaner power comander mapped total was a staggering 65 bhp much less than stock micron
Old 11-12-05, 04:59 PM   #2
Mike1234

Do you know what your bike was making at the rear wheel?

We had a couple of brand new K5s on the dyno recently with an M4 race system and DNA Filter that was remapped with a Teka box.

One bike made 72 SAE hp exactly and the other 70.5 SAE hp. Using a Pipercross filter with the band to remove the air box lid added a couple of horse power through out the range.

Our best power was therefore still only 74 SAE hp at the rear wheel.
Old 11-12-05, 05:10 PM   #3
Saint Matt

Yes, 72.7Bhp at the crank and 66.5bhp at the wheel, with the Viper can on and no upjetting.

**Edit: Changed your pic into a link. Sid Squid**

Look Here For The Dyno Graph
Old 11-12-05, 05:37 PM   #4
mac650s

yes mike just under 83 at the wheel no dyno chart at the moment though will be getting one done soon when i get the flywheel done. were do you do the dyno some dynos run different power outputs and the bikes themselves vary with running in and production tolerances. the first time my bike was done by a place in london they gave a bhp read out of 65 but a couple of weeks later at the cresent suzuki open day it read 69 at the wheel
Old 11-12-05, 05:43 PM   #5
Mike1234

Most DynoJet dynos will give a different reading and are unlikely to even read the same daya to day even if all other factors are the same.

I use www.dynapro.co.uk who manufacture their own dyno which we used to police the MiniTwins series this year. I can attest to the repeatability of their system.

I have never seen an SV that hasn't had any engine work done make more than 76 hp even with all the toys you have but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible.
Old 11-12-05, 06:09 PM   #6
mac650s

toys? your welcome to run the bike through a dyno in fact thats probably a good idea were in london can you get this done. on a lighter note have you got that undertray sorted
Old 11-12-05, 06:49 PM   #7
Mike1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac650s
toys? your welcome to run the bike through a dyno in fact thats probably a good idea were in london can you get this done. on a lighter note have you got that undertray sorted
www.dynapro.co.uk are based in Twickenham.

I'm waiting for them to send me a list of all the dyno places that have bought their dynos so i can let evereyone know.

Will have the undertray here by the end of the week.
Old 12-12-05, 12:46 AM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

I put mine on way back when I started messing woith it, and got a fairly healtyh 69.5bhp at the rear wheel with just a CCC road legal can. Then I put in the Renegade airkit and full system and got 69 exactly. You can imagine how pleased I was Still, the power curve was considerably stronger everywhere else.

Turned out it was because the Rene filter was fouling against the tank and restricting it, but it's never been back on the dyno since then for various reasons- long overdue now, I've been trying to get it booked in to check out the fuelling for about 5 months but something always gets in the way.

I think I can reasonably expect somewhere in the upper end of the 70s, but I'm not going to make any assumptions where. It'll be going higher though.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 06:31 AM   #9
PeterM

I'm sitting at 78 rwhp after fitting a BMC Race (RS) filter, split mains (Mikuni) 160/157.5, Factory stage II needles, Remus GP slip-on & double intake cam mod.

Std reading on same dyno was 60 rwhp.
Old 12-12-05, 07:55 AM   #10
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

I don't take any notice of dyno figures, they're simply not absolute, they're only any use as a comparator for before/after any work you've done, that way it'll, (hopefully, not all dyno operators are truly repeatable, let alone the equipment), tell you whether your 'tuning' was or not.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote