SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 29-09-06, 03:10 PM   #1
amnesia

Default Problems Fitting Evotech Tail-tidy to K6

Hi all,

Thought I would give Wilma a bit of a face lift and fit an Evotech tidy. So I hit her with a stick until the back end was in bits on the floor and proceeded to fit the indys and number plate light the the new tidy.

The problem is that the indicators move so they will end up pointing either up or down rather than straight backwards.

I have noticed that the nuts that fix the indicators to the plastic insert run out of thread (I am assuming that the metal spacer bar that was fitted between the indicators isn't needed since it won't fit. ), but even with washers fitted the problem is still apparent although not as bad. The plastic pieces seem to twist in the rubber grommet.

Any help would be appreciated as Wilma is looking very sorry for herself and is in a state of fairly major undress!!
Old 29-09-06, 04:42 PM   #2
Beenz

You need to use everything apart from the spacer bar. As you stated the indicators are still loose. You'll need to fill the gap with one or two washers. Yes they will still move a little if grabbed but will not fall off. IMHO the Evotech is one of the more elegant tidies, does not leak and puts the plate at an ange that complements the tail lights. Strong too.
Old 29-09-06, 06:45 PM   #3
amnesia

...so basically I am being a picky sod and worrying about nothing...

Sounds like me.

I went back to my poor distressed Wilma and nearly sorted her out. Everything but the pillion seat is refitted.

I am going to look at drilling holes in the new bracket tomorrow to re-create the mounting features for the fuse box and tank stand.

Thanks Beenz