SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-12-09, 11:20 PM   #61
scooby2102

Default Re: Heated Clothing

hey badger, your the man

that same website has the jacket for 121 quid
Old 07-12-09, 11:47 PM   #62
xXBADGERXx

Yup , one of the cheapest so far , make sure that price is inclusive of VAT though .
Old 08-12-09, 01:08 PM   #63
LK-SV

That Biketek stuff looks interesting .... very tempted to invest in a heated jacket inner and gloves ....

I'd be interested to hear anyones experience with it ....
Old 08-12-09, 11:06 PM   #64
xXBADGERXx

Looks awfully similar to the Powerlet stuff as well
Old 09-12-09, 12:08 AM   #65
scooby2102

quite a variation on prices, cheapest is 120.75 each for gloves and inner trousers and 134.99 for the jacket, all inc vat
Old 20-12-09, 01:10 PM   #66
LK-SV

Bump .... Badger, Scooby ... either of you buy and test any of that stuff ...???

I've bought the jacket liner for now .... but the roads are far too icy for me to give it a test .....
Old 20-12-09, 07:24 PM   #67
scooby2102

No yet LK but if Santa is good to me on the money stakes then aye, will defo be buying them.

The guy in Motobrio is giving me 50 quid off if I take all 3 items but if I get the stuff from the different places I will still save some more even with the postage.

Will keep you updated when Mr Claus has been and gone
Old 04-01-10, 12:47 PM   #68
LK-SV

Update ..... first real day with the heated jacket this morning .... amazing !!

Not HOT HOT ... but warm and toasty .... and makes riding 100times more enjoyable in this weather .... almost had to remind myself there might be ice on the road I was that warm !!!

Even my hands didn't get that cold given that I didn't have particually good gloves on and the heated grips didn't seem to be working too well .... think the jacket draws some of the power away from them with the poor SV electrical system .....

Strongly considering the gloves and legs now (although not sure the SVS (with its twin headlights always on) could power them all).... as you're so toasty, you can feel the bits thats aren't that toasty ....
Old 04-01-10, 01:03 PM   #69
SV650Racer

If any of you Org'ers are interested i can set up a group buy and a good discount on single purchases of Klan heated clothing.?
Old 04-01-10, 03:17 PM   #70
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
If any of you Org'ers are interested i can set up a group buy and a good discount on single purchases of Klan heated clothing.?
I could be interested in this; do they do a heated waist coat? with a battery pack? i dont want to wire in a waistcoat to the bike electrics