SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-04-06, 05:22 PM   #1
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Default Car Insurance for 4 days??? Can I get it?

I need to get insured on a car for 4 days only. Does anyone know of any company that can insure me for a short period?

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 05:28 PM   #2
pegasus
Mega Poster

do you currently have car insurance?

if so phone your broker and ask them to extend your cover to another vehicle for a couple of days, all they require is the registration...sometimes depending on which broker you use, they dont charge...i have done this quite a few times, when my vehicle has been in for repair and i get a hire car

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 05:29 PM   #3
Mariner

If you can manage for 3 days then Vauxhall are giving free car hire for three days!

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/carandv...ource=homePage

Old 21-04-06, 06:45 PM   #4
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltn3
do you currently have car insurance?
No.

I am a named driver on my wifes policy.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 06:58 PM   #5
Toypop

I once bought a new car and needed the insurance to overlap on my old car whilst it sat at my address waiting for the new owner to pick it up.

I asked my insurance co if they could give me a few days insurance on it and they refused.

So...........

I started a new policy, had the insurance for a few days then cancelled it and didn't lose any money as they give you a certain period to cancel. So a few days insurance for free! Obviously if I'd had to claim during that period then I would have lost a full years premium money but thats nothing compared to losing a £12k car so I'd glady have paid £200 or whatever for the premium.

Similar thing happened a few years later when I was with a different company and they basically extended the policy on it by 30 days to cover the overlap for £50 or something.
Old 21-04-06, 07:17 PM   #6
glade

http://www.dayinsure.com

I had 3 days on my Mrs' 182 for about £25 over the bank hol weekend. Fortunatley i can't tell you what they are like if you need to claim, but the broker is Norwich Union.
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 10:27 PM   #7
Demonz

Who owns the car? Easiest to ask the owner to add you to the policy for 4 days. £10-20.