SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-09-06, 12:37 PM   #1
Baph

Default Customs Idiot

Well, one of the lads in the office wants a new P4. Apparently everywhere he's checked in the UK is out of stock or far too expensive. I doubt that, but hey, it's his money.

Next thing we hear, he's on the phone to Customs & Excise to enquire about Import Tax from America or German. He then gives his address, continues with the enquiries & hangs up.

To which, we replied, "Why did they wan't your address for a simple generic query?" and "Oh, you're going to be watched now!". Followed by lots of comments about white vans parked outside his house.

Just thought I'd share
Old 11-09-06, 12:43 PM   #2
anna
Mega Poster

anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-06, 12:57 PM   #3
keithd

i always feel like somebody's watching me. and i have no privacy.
Old 11-09-06, 02:00 PM   #4
lynw

Default Re: Customs Idiot

Last edited by lynw; 25-06-07 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-09-06, 02:08 PM   #5
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
i always feel like somebody's watching me
How perceptive of you....................
Old 11-09-06, 02:08 PM   #6
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
...stuff...
Just thought I'd share
Who are you calling an idiot? :P

Seriously, its just standard practice to ask for callers details.

He'll probably find a few public notices winging their way to him - basically then he's got no come back if he whinges he wasn't expecting to be hit by VAT.

But you need to tell him to add 17.5% to whatever price he pays because its almost certain he will get hit for the VAT on the import.
Lyn, been at the weetabix again? :P The 'idiot' comment was about him partly believing us winding him up.

From his phone conversation, he already knows about the VAT charge. I've also warned him that customs can, if they want to, smash his newly ordered CPU to bits & he can't claim anything from them. So you see, your words of wisdom are listened to
Old 11-09-06, 02:17 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Wo, Oh, o.
Whos playin tricks on me?

i knew what you were gettng at

But sadly for you we are all watching you. Dont tell me you dont know that you are the star of the new version of the Truman Show
I thought that dancing about thing in your pants was for the pleasure of all the females viewing at the time. Clearly i'm wrong and your just wierd.

AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-06, 02:22 PM   #8
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
Wo, Oh, o.
Whos playin tricks on me?

i knew what you were gettng at

But sadly for you we are all watching you. Dont tell me you dont know that you are the star of the new version of the Truman Show
I thought that dancing about thing in your pants was for the pleasure of all the females viewing at the time. Clearly i'm wrong and your just wierd.

i'm surprised.

surprised that the "pants atop o' the head" didn't go down as well as i'd have expected.

next you'll be telling me the game of naked hunt the thimble was a thumbs down too (so to speak)
Old 11-09-06, 02:32 PM   #9
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
Lyn, been at the weetabix again? :P The 'idiot' comment was about him partly believing us winding him up.
I know, thats why I added the :P after :P

Quote:
From his phone conversation, he already knows about the VAT charge. I've also warned him that customs can, if they want to, smash his newly ordered CPU to bits & he can't claim anything from them. So you see, your words of wisdom are listened to
Bet thats cheered him up