SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 11-06-09, 01:30 PM   #1
Mallet43

Default Fully faired SV650S Oxfordshire

Hi - just joined and am looking for my first big bike as I have managed to pass my test some 15 years after I originally failed it!!

Having been really boring and done lots of research I have decided an SV650S is the bike for me so I'm now looking to get one. Ideally I would like one with the black frame and, preferably, a red one. I know that sounds very girly but what the heck!

Not really that fussy when it comes to colour as I like the dark grey, dark blue, black and yellow versions - just not that keen on the light blue/silver one.

Being my first big bike I would prefer full dealer service history.

Would need to be within a resonable distance of Oxford please both for viewings and collection. Looking to spend around £2,500 but could push it for the right bike.

Any help gratefully received.
Old 14-06-09, 03:51 PM   #2
Needsy

Default Re: Fully faired SV650S Oxfordshire

Hello - are you still looking for an SV650S? Mine will be up for sale soon - it's a 2006 K6 in red, with the black frame - in the Slough area.

She has just under 16.5k on the clock and has been owned by me from new. The only modifications are a road legal Fuel exhaust, R&G crash protectors, full Suzuki fairing and a dark double-bubble screen.

The bike lives in a garage when not in use, on an Optimate, and is for sale since I am after something more upright, such as a Bandit.

The first MOT is due in August, and she is taxed until the end of July this year. All servicing is done by myself (with the exception of the first and second services), with the tricky bits being done by my father-in-law, who is a motorbike mechanic and ex-bike dealer (I abhor paying a dealer £150 just to change the oil and stamp a book, and we do a better job of it).

I will be looking for £2400 for the bike as there is only a partial service history.

And I forgot - there is a Datatool alarm/immobiliser fitted and a fenda-extenda.

Last edited by Needsy; 14-06-09 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 14-06-09, 04:31 PM   #3
Needsy

A little bit grubby, but you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6141222.jpg (124.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P6141228.JPG (124.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 15-06-09, 09:00 AM   #4
Mallet43

Hi - thanks for the offer. I am currently bidding on a couple on the dreaded ebay so will get back to you after they have finished.