SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-10, 05:50 PM   #21
Flameboy

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Not sure if i have legal advise on the insurance just calling my instructor now, And no i received no slip from the police! what should i do? I have to head out for dinner now I'll try and check this on my phone... Thanks for the help, definitely taking this further
Old 24-04-10, 05:51 PM   #22
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
first off to solisiter ,second ipcc
3rd, your MP. 4th, local paper.
Old 24-04-10, 05:53 PM   #23
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

They weren't just blokes dressed up as coppers were they??, I mean usually they have to give you tickets or something don't they, if they are going to do something so severe!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 05:53 PM   #24
davepreston

get on the phone NOW to the police and inform them your vehicle was seized by them but you were not give any documents to the fact and you demand for this to be resolved imediately or you intend to have whichever officers charged with theift
Old 24-04-10, 05:56 PM   #25
Icanopit

FLAME, central police station, formal complaint, without a receipt I would suggest 3 people impersonating "police officers" it is all sounding very very doubtfull???

JOHN
Old 24-04-10, 05:57 PM   #26
husky03
Mega Poster

get down to the station now and start asking questions-speak to someone above the rank of sargent if you can-if you are shown any doubt in there knowledge of this allegation jump on it and kick up a stink-stay civil and calm and don't end up getting the pokey
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 05:59 PM   #27
Ch00

Just trying to work out the Polices thinking......

How long has the op had there bike licence for, when was the test passed? Do they have a pink photocard?
Old 24-04-10, 06:00 PM   #28
Geodude
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
Never heard of this before, the coppers that seized your bike weren't pikey's in disguise were they?
as i said earlier ^^^ ring local cops for peace of mind

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 06:02 PM   #29
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
get on the phone NOW to the police and inform them your vehicle was seized by them but you were not give any documents to the fact and you demand for this to be resolved imediately or you intend to have whichever officers charged with theift
That's what I would do too
Old 24-04-10, 06:04 PM   #30
Fishtits

I hate to say it, but the onus is on you to prove the restriction in this case... It's the same as a car showing up with no insurance. If it says no insurance then the car is being towed and it's up to the driver to then go on to prove that insurance exists.

The bike has been seized under s165 Road Traffic Act 1988 as the officer has reasonable grounds to believe you don't have a suitable license to ride the bike (i.e driving other than in accordance with a license.)

I've not heard of this plate thing you mention, sounds like a load of crud personally, however if the copper has reasonable grounds to believe it's not restricted (for whatever reason), then it's enough to have it seized. If he/she can prove they had a belief (note a belief, not suspicion), then they're justified.

Unfortunately it's not a case of innocent until proven guilty. If it were someone suspected of driving with no insurance and Police let them drive away, then shortly after they ploughed into your bike, how would you feel? Again, the onus is on you to prove it. The legislation is written to get uninsured/unlicensed vehicles off the road straight away, and quibble over it later, it's just a pain for the owner if it's a mistake.

If you can prove the bike is restricted and thus within the restrictions of your license, you won't have to fit the bill, the Force will.

Sorry that's no help whatsoever, and i'm sure i'll get flamed by the majority of the forum, but there ya go..

Have to say though, you were mad to let them take your bike without leaving your a copy of s165 notice!

Last edited by Fishtits; 24-04-10 at 06:10 PM.