SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-10, 06:27 PM   #41
husky03
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

no wonder we are hated when you get fannies carrying out actions like this without fully explaining the reasons why and what procedure will be followed-no common sense leads to poor public perception and we all get tarred with the same brush.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 06:27 PM   #42
ArtyLady

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

What possible reasonable suspicion could they have? It's all hidden within the bike and as has been said no certificate is required - I've never even heard of this happening before!
Old 24-04-10, 06:29 PM   #43
husky03
Mega Poster

you don't need a restriction cert unless your insurance company requires proof prior to insuring you.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 06:29 PM   #44
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee67 View Post
no such thing as a restricted plate, but as far as im aware( biker of 26 yrs) you should have a restriction cert'...even if only for ins purposes!!!..if u wasnt given any papework when they impounded the bike, id start to worry....ALOT

Nah, you don't legally have to have a certificate. Some, not all, insurance companies ask for one. I checked this when I passed my test.
Old 24-04-10, 06:31 PM   #45
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
no wonder we are hated when you get fannies carrying out actions like this without fully explaining the reasons why and what procedure will be followed-no common sense leads to poor public perception and we all get tarred with the same brush.

+1.

Ridiculous. I would be straight down to the local station demanding to speak with, or arrange an appointment to speak with, an Inspector.
Old 24-04-10, 06:31 PM   #46
lee67

Quote:
you don't need a restriction cert unless your insurance company requires proof prior to insuring you.
id check this out, as if u havnt got one at time of an accident, ur more than likely wont be insured..all dealer restrictions come with certificate for insurance purposes
Old 24-04-10, 06:31 PM   #47
ArtyLady

Quote:
So if it's not a scam are these police officers in the wrong? If they're actually allowed to do this then there needs to be a drastic overhaul of the law - whatever happened to Equity?
Old 24-04-10, 06:32 PM   #48
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Even if the poor fella was doing a bit over the speed limit, it doesn't prove a bike isn't restricted, everyone on here knows that just because an SV is restricted doesn't mean it can't keep up with the big boys!
So what excuse they had to pull him, is anyones guess, apart from the OP, whos gone off for tea so maybe a while telling us that part.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 06:32 PM   #49
lee67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Nah, you don't legally have to have a certificate. Some, not all, insurance companies ask for one. I checked this when I passed my test.
news to me chuck....glad we didnt have any of this crap 30 yrs ago
Old 24-04-10, 06:33 PM   #50
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee67 View Post
id check this out, as if u havnt got one at time of an accident, ur more than likely wont be insured..all dealer restrictions come with certificate for insurance purposes

Lee, both Husky and I are in the legal business...we know the legal requirements....!!