SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 29-09-14, 10:39 PM   #1
nikon70

Default Pointy brake caliper and master reservoir complete

I have a 2011 complete unit from mc to caliper but MC needs rebuilding so including a new rebuild kit and new piston seals

Want £100 for the lot please delivered.

Last edited by nikon70; 30-09-14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 30-09-14, 09:48 AM   #2
nikon70

Any takers?
Old 30-09-14, 11:18 AM   #3
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pointy brake caliper and master reservoir complete

Not trying to be horrible matey but you're asking a lot of money for it.

I think you'll be lucky to find a taker even at half your asking price but fingers crossed

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-14, 11:38 AM   #4
Corny Gizmo

Again dont want to sound out of order but I agree with stretch, especially since it needs a rebuild
Old 30-09-14, 11:44 AM   #5
nikon70

Really ... The caliper is fine seals not needed just chucking them in as spares... The MC does need a rebuild so hence including that kit... I guess if £50 is offered I'd consider it
Old 30-09-14, 12:34 PM   #6
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Yeah, I've broken quite a few bikes, fair play not recently, but to be honest if you look around you can buy refurbed ones for about £50, ok that's just a caliper and you are also including the parts, the reservoir and M/C but then people will want to pay less if they do the work themselves.

It may sound daft as it's only a couple of years old but it's just a rear caliper really and to be honest your original price is around the max I would pay for a full set of front brakes. (calipers, lines, M/C and reservoir) unless they were special or immaculate, in which case, I wouldn't buy them myself anyway

The best place for it is ebay, either bang it on a 99p no reserve, but then it's a gamble it could go for a quid or it could go for alot more than £50, it just depends on who is looking, or bang it on as an auction with a buy it now of about £70 and see what happens.

People on ebay seem to have forgotten how to barter though, it's full of idiots who don't understand that the seller asks for what they would LIKE to get for an item, the buyer proposed the cheekiest they think they might be able to get away with then there are 3 or 4 back and forths and you settle in the middle.

These days people offer you £1k for a £3.5k item and then never respond when you say "You'll have to do better" this is the reason poor Squirrell_Hunter has no hair left

Look right-> <-Look Left

Last edited by _Stretchie_; 30-09-14 at 12:44 PM.
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote