SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-05-06, 08:57 AM   #1
Daimo

Default Spec cameras + survailence cameras

Poop.. Saturday i was making my way home down the M1 and M25. Those speccy cameras were up facing the front of the bike, but i was naughty and travelled through them at a slightly higher rate than required by the signs (nothing mad, no workmen about at all, pretty clear roads, 40mph speed limit, i was doing a bit more)...

However, my lovley GF decided to scare the hell out of me... They have survailence cameras up as well as specs..... These obviously can face both ways...

Thing is, im wondering, can you be done on an average speed via the viewing cameras and the spec cameras working together (i.e taken my speed/ave time from the spc camera that can't read my plate, and using the survailence camera)?

Do you think they would make the effort to do this?

No moaning, whinging etc... I know what i was doing, if i get done, fair dinkum... But now im concerned as theres roadworks on the M1 AND M25 and i don't want to be shafted by both

Poop...... Just wondered if anyone was in the know, put my mind at rest (either way?)
Old 15-05-06, 09:46 AM   #2
SVeeedy Gonzales

By surveillance do you mean the traffic cams? It's technically possible but I think the amount of aggro they'd have to go through would make it not worthwhile. If you'd been riding at high speed and caused a crash then maybe they'd do it. You'll soon find out!
Old 15-05-06, 10:06 AM   #3
Daimo

Yeah the traffic cameras.

I wasn't riding at high speed or anything major, and still under normal motorway speed limit.
Old 15-05-06, 10:16 AM   #4
jenni

I did that route on fri and sunday but everybody was averaging about 50 through the roadworks so i hope not.

While we are on the subject I haven't done much motorway riding and my speed always stays around 65 - 85 (I am rescricted and still think 85 feel bloody fast)
I am also paranoid about my licence so was on the lookout for cameras and men on bridges but a few timme I went through the lines painted on the road that they use for gatsos at about 80 but I couldnt see the cameras. Will they have got me??

Motorway riding seems so compliated to me cos I am still fresh out of my test i have all the rules going round in my head, but nobody (except old men in rovers) seems to follow them.???
Old 15-05-06, 10:38 AM   #5
Conrad Poons

Unless you see a camera or van the lines are often just on the road from some previous roadworks so don't worry.

I got flashed on the M25 in the 'variable speed limit' section by Heathrow. I thought they had stopped those as the cameras weren't deemed 'visible'. None of the lights were on indicating it was anything other than a 70 limit so I cruised through just under 90 (I know, I know) and something flashed. At 5:30am I was the only one on the road. I am annoyed but resigned to it....
Old 15-05-06, 11:25 AM   #6
Sudoxe

I hope not, i come down the M1/A47 (or 41) all with specs with no Speedo. So i hope not...

Dan