SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Riding Gear Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 21-03-12, 11:30 AM   #1
startrek.steve

Default GearX Bike Clothing ... a Warning

Hi guys,
My mate bought a jacket from these guys online last year, here's his tale of woe..

"I bought this jacket from Euro Beauty - Samz sports, the importer for gearx (based in Pakistan). I know gearX are a cheap brand but I would expect a jacket, which is designed to save you in a crash, to not tear so easily. The leather is such poor quality that it tore just from my hands being in my pocket. It is pathetic. I have contacted gearx and Samz Sports but they refuse to answer. I have sent 4 emails with the pictures. I have tried ringing but they aren't answering. They are completely ignoring me. This jacket is cheap for a reason. DO NOT BUY!!!! Your life is worth more than this!!!!"
Old 21-03-12, 02:11 PM   #2
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: GearX Bike Clothing ... a Warning

Do they have a shop or retail site of any kind in the UK or is it just online? If no shop to go along to, and if they're not responding, go to Trading Standards. Sounds like it's not of merchantable quality to me. Failing that an action in the small claims court perhaps, but if it was that cheap it's probably not worth the hassle.
Old 21-03-12, 03:07 PM   #3
punyXpress
Mega Poster

From " Cheap Gear " Thread, June 09:

Quote:

A businessman in Newcastle has been convicted after he made a fortune selling counterfeit motorcycle leathers.
The fake leather suits ripped off motorcycle manufacturers Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Ducati.
Alan Routledge sold the fake motorcycle leathers through his eBay shop Click2Buy. He was operating out of two units at Tedco Business Park in Jarrow.
Newcastle Crown Court heard that Alan, 53 had been in the motorcycle industry for eight years and was making an annual turnover of £400,000. The counterfeit leathers were bought from Pakistan for $170 (around £80) and were sold in the UK for £249 each. Prosecutors said the leathers were “dangerous” and would not have passed safety tests.

NOT this trader, but if it's difficult getting satisfaction from a Geordie, try it from Pakistan!
Old 20-09-12, 06:42 AM   #4
Djgary

It's really not worth using e bay for something you rely on to help save your life, from my experience e-bay is around 80% rubbish and it's getting harder and harder to find genuine good traders on the site.
But it's not limited to e-bay either, I bought a jacket from a trader at northwich thundersprint this year and that too turned out to be of no use in anything but sunshine, leaked like hell in the slightest shower and is so draughty I'm back to my old jacket already and winters not started yet.
I'm looking now for a good jacket, I did read an article in bike magazine about a jacket that was highly rated but I can't for the life of me remember what the make was, I just know it was around the £200 to £300 mark and I think it was Swedish or somewhere like that.
Old 20-09-12, 08:13 PM   #5
Tomor
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djgary View Post
I did read an article in bike magazine about a jacket that was highly rated but I can't for the life of me remember what the make was, I just know it was around the £200 to £300 mark and I think it was Swedish or somewhere like that.
Halvarssons?
Old 21-09-12, 05:33 AM   #6
Djgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
Halvarssons?
That sounds like them thanks,
Old 31-12-12, 01:46 PM   #7
SUPERSTARDJ01

I recently got a new pair of fabric trousers and interestingly inside it says they're not classed as safety trousers and as such have not passed the CE approved test for this, they're Spada and from a retailer.
Old 25-02-13, 05:06 PM   #8
alol

Got a "Crysis" leather jacket from eBid. Had an off on slow speed. It worked great. Not sure if it did the same, have I been going much faster, but not all "no-name" leathers are crap. Just don't buy some real crap for £20...
Old 16-09-17, 10:33 AM   #9
JamesJohn

What you made the mistake was the wrong decision to purchase low cost and cheap products. One more decision was to purchase from the Online shop which has no shop in the region or country of your residence. It is always a good idea to purchase something with the money back guarantee. If you had purchased from the Resurgence Gear which has hundreds of sale points around the globe, the money back guarantee and the after sales service had been quite easier. So, to make the future purchases, don’t forget the guidelines, given by me and you will enjoy the purchase a lot.

Last edited by JamesJohn; 16-09-17 at 12:00 PM.
Old 16-09-17, 04:17 PM   #10
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Holy thread resurrection Batman!