SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-03-17, 11:44 AM   #1
Monoboy

Default SV650 K5 - Upper fairing loose

Hi Folks,

Probably nothing but I'm a newbie so thought I'd ask here. The upper fairing on my SV started to rattle (badly) mid ride on the M9. Wasn't the best.

After a quick poke around, I noticed that the two main bolts holding it on to the body were really loose. Quick tighten and it seems fine but it doesn't look right.

The bolts don't go through the fitting and there's no nut on the other end. I don't know if this is right or I need to replace something. Rides and feels fine but I'd rather know for the sake of a few pennies on a couple of bolts.

Pic attached for ref.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1874.jpg (113.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 21-03-17, 12:17 PM   #2
Stilo

Default Re: SV650 K5 - Upper fairing loose

Ive not got a lot of experience of SVs so I am happy to be corrected by anybody with more knowledge but when I bought my bike it had front end damage & I removed the fairing stay. It was held on by 2 x bolts that bolted directlyt onto the headstock as per your photos, no nuts on the over side. There is a hooked bracket on the stay that goes into a slot on the headstock I would check that is in OK & tighten the bolts as much as possible.