SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items For other bikes, clothing, helmets etc. Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat. Anything not relevant to motorcycling will be moved to Idle Banter

Old 28-05-11, 09:30 PM   #1
rusty76

Default Gen2 Tuono for sale, or swap + cash for early RSV (or maybe a 600/750 jap supersport)

This has been dawning on me for a while. It breaks my heart but in a nutshell I don’t use my Tuono enough for the great bike it is. I really only do a handful of miles a year now we’ve got the kids and it’s far too nice for the track.

So basically I’m looking to trade down for something cheaper that I can justify sitting in the garage most of the time

So I’m offering my T for sale for £4,300 (looking at what they’re going for that’s a good deal. When you take into account its condition it’s an absolute bargain)

Or

I’ll consider a swap + cash for either an early RSV or maybe a 600/750 jap supersport (value £1500-£2000).

It’s a Gen2 2006 Tuono R (on a 55 plate, a handful were) currently with 12734 miles and a full service history.

I bought it from a dealer in January 2010, with 8835 miles and it was virtually standard. It was still on Map1 and running the factory standard 16:40. It had only had 2 owners who obviously cosseted it, as reflected in its service history and its outstanding condition. I’d been searching for a pukka tuono for nearly 6 months and hence the reason I bought this one.

It has a full service history. In my time with it I’ve had a full service (including valve clearances – documented) conducted on purchase at 8835 miles. Map2 change and CO2 balance conducted by Griff shortly after. Oil & filter has been changed twice by me with receipts to prove. I’ve replaced the plugs with NGK Iridium’s. It’s fitted with virtually new Michelin Power Pures. Plenty of adjustment left in the chain.

The pictures are from when I bought it. It will be sold in original spec, other than now being on map2, properly vented clocks (which now have zero fogging), Renthal grips (medium stickiness), Quick action throttle (full unit not a modification), front R&G bungs, with both seat hump and the touring pillion seat (the comfy one with handles, not the token gesture on the later models). It has a Meta alarm system fitted.

The condition of the bike is outstanding. Don’t just take my word for it. Ask Griff or anyone else who has seen it. This reflects the reason I’m selling it, I reckon I’ve spent more time cleaning it and maintaining it than riding it. It’s gorgeous, sweet as a nut, and needs nothing spending on it for a long time.

If you’re interested please get in touch or please pass on to any pals that might be.

Old 28-05-11, 09:47 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Gen2 Tuono for sale, or swap + cash for early RSV (or maybe a 600/750 jap supersport)

Oh no, that's sad mate, top bike that, be a quick bike in someones elses hands as well ( not yours obviously).
Old 31-05-11, 01:17 PM   #3
zobers

Default Re: Gen2 Tuono for sale, or swap + cash for early RSV (or maybe a 600/750 jap supersport)

Oh no! Pleased you are replacing it and not getting rid altogether. This is a well looked after bike, seen more polishing mit than road!
Old 31-05-11, 01:47 PM   #4
AndyBrad

if this was 6 months ago i would have snapped your hand off!
Old 31-05-11, 04:06 PM   #5
-Ralph-

Another, oh no!

I can also testify that this bike is mint (and it's certainly never seen full throttle in the hands of it's current owner )

You're not going to buy a Frankengixxer are you?