SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-05-18, 08:44 PM   #11
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: licence renewal

I believe we get freedom of movement within the Schengen area countries. Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, some of which are not in the EU as the UK is signed up.
Old 08-05-18, 10:45 AM   #12
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: licence renewal

Can't really see why we should expect to be treated by the EU members any different to a citizen from Russia, China, Mongolia etc.
If you decide to stop your membership of a club you don't expect to take advantage of any of the benefits. EHIC anyone?
From the start my only real question was "what is the plan?". As far as I can see none of the plans have changed in the last 2 years (i.e. there never was a plan).
We are a joke, which I feel is the most embarrassing aspect of the whole business. Shame really.
At the moment our motor insurance is required to give minimum legal cover in all EU member states. Will that change too? Maybe, maybe not, who knows?

Sorry, moan over, just depressed at the shambles that is Westminster.