SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 11-09-11, 07:16 PM   #3401
Sean_C

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

I'm doing a full time job and a degree at the same time, so not much time for anything here
Old 11-09-11, 09:14 PM   #3402
Seggons

Since moving to this job a year ago I've been working some really strange hours and days to archive job security. I think I'm just about there but continuing to work hard to be at the front of the queue if any pay reviews come about. Currently a lot of my work is based on the outskirts of London but could get moved into Central London soon which will be eventful.
Old 11-09-11, 09:36 PM   #3403
svrich

I'm still sat with my leg up. Still got the boot on (and will do for a few more weeks) but putting a little more weight on it when walking with crutches. Can take it off completely though so having a bath or shower is no longer the drawn out affair it was. Washing the still healing wounds when on warfarin feels a bit like a step too far though. I don't fancy dealing with that bleed if it happens!
Managed to start the bike the other day. It had developed a flat battery from not being ridden for so long. Sounded great in the garage. I'm sure I could ride it with my right foot in the boot. Who uses the right pedal anyway?!
Then my old Landy fired up first go having stood for three months. Though that may be a little harder to drive with one foot.
But all isn't lost as the rugby is keeping me entertained, and speeding up the recovery ready to get back on the pitch.
Old 11-09-11, 09:44 PM   #3404
kellyjo

Back on the pitch???

Will you never learn??!! Honestly, you boys.....
Old 11-09-11, 09:53 PM   #3405
svrich

The ankle broke when I fell after light contact, and then the hard ground actually caused my foot to fold under and cause the fractures. And now it's stronger than ever thanks to the metal plate!
The only other break (other than about 3 broken noses) that I've had due to rugby, and that was during a match, was a broken collar bone. And I didn't know for a week
That's not bad for 15 years
I do still need to convince my wife though, and now my son says he doesn't want to play (although he's not quite four so I've got a while to correct that).
Old 19-09-11, 07:03 PM   #3406
kellyjo

Question for y'all:

CBR600f or VTR1000?

Im loving the CBR but the VTRs have always really appealed and I may be in a position to get one if I want.
So, which would you rather have and why??? I know what I feel the pros and cons of both are but wondered if you might think of something I havent. Over to you...
Old 19-09-11, 07:08 PM   #3407
maviczap
Mega Poster

VTR's going to cost you more in fuel, but its a lovely big V twin

Ask Flak Monkey he's got one
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-11, 07:25 PM   #3408
BigBaddad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Question for y'all:

CBR600f or VTR1000?

Easy Ducati 900ssie, I saw a lovely yellow one for sale at a good price recently.
Old 19-09-11, 07:32 PM   #3409
Skip
Mega Poster

Rode one a while back - pretty forgettable - sound awesome with cans on though - probably best reason to get one
Old 19-09-11, 07:35 PM   #3410
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaddad View Post
Easy Ducati 900ssie, I saw a lovely yellow one for sale at a good price recently.
She is lovely but she's not for me, sorry. I did try to get Jeff interested and he was, but then we started wandering off down the VTR route. Its killing him that since he got the 620 Multistrada ive been riding in front and its killing him without a fairing (heehee) so he's considering a VTR and he knows ive always loved them so we may be in the market for a matching pair!!

Just not sure i want rid of the cbr cos im really enjoying it, I just hate the way it looks, ...