SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-06-14, 11:24 AM   #1
gerrymcghee

Default Curvy cuts out after 5/6000 rpm running.

As posted last month on curvy running poorly. My Bike is still sick. Problem is it starts ok, ticks over ok, then starts to run ok, I go through the gears then after about 10min I hit about 5k-6k revs it backfires violently and wants cuts off, I pull in the clutch and coast into the kerb. After a couple of mins it starts again for minute or two then just backfires and cuts out again.
I have to date Removed the tank and cleaned it out (some crap in it) but filter clean. removed all fuel lines and checked for restrictions (none). cleaned carbs ( some silt ). Fitted in line fuel filter, new spark plugs, air filter, and new suppressor caps for plugs. AND IT'S STILL THE SAME PROBLEM. can it be electrical????. Come on I bet someone can help.
Thanks guys & girls.
Old 29-06-14, 11:58 AM   #2
Haircut

Default Re: Test for all biking brains

Having a similar problem, check the floats and float needle are working properly, I think that my needle may not have been seated properly after I cleaned the carb causing excess fuel to enter the back cylinder.

I will know if I am right when I get it all back together!
Haircut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-14, 12:06 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Test for all biking brains

i'll go with Haircut. sticky float valve.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote