SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-05-21, 01:19 PM   #9671
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
An extra paltry £70!
Check this one out. Bought my youngest a pile of Chinese 125cc (bought him a car, he is learning, won’t get a test until next year I doubt) and run a quote through MCN website.
RAC came back the cheapest (£542 third party, can buy a new Chinese bike cheaper then fully comp insurance price)
I phoned them, to add me as a named rider, over 20 years riding experience and no claims the quote goes UP £300.

Insurance for my Tiger 800 is £80 a year fully comp (could have got it for £66 if moved insurance)
they are trying to encourage/force youngsters onto hire plans so when its time for leccy vehicles they can get rid of millions of petrol ones within three years. why do you think that new cars have rocketed in price.. its offset.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 08:03 PM   #9672
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
they are trying to encourage/force youngsters onto hire plans so when its time for leccy vehicles they can get rid of millions of petrol ones within three years. why do you think that new cars have rocketed in price.. its offset.
B*sta*ds.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:48 PM   #9673
timwilky
Mega Poster

So last week I went back to A&E as the pain in my wrists not improving, X rays taken and sent home with a bit of a sprain.

Orthopedics today for the dislocated thumb. he also reviewed last weeks xrays ordered more.

So brace on right hand. As she puts a cast on my left wrist, "You are going to have fun wiping your ass"

bust scafoid and A&E doctor couldn't see it. second time this has happened to me where consultants pick up injuries A&E miss.
Old 02-06-21, 03:14 PM   #9674
shiftin_gear98

Good Luck wiping your ass.

And hopefully the pain subsides soon too.
Old 03-06-21, 05:39 PM   #9675
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
The manufacturers have very little/nothing to do with PCP or leasing. The advantage they get is selling more units, as more people can afford a couple of grand down & £400 a month for 3 years. Rather than getting approved on a loan/finance for a £20K car.
Cars these days compared to 10 years ago, are a lot more expensive so they had to find a way to make it easier for people to access new vehicles.
R&D is a huge cost in todays vehicles due to the technology and systems involved - especially where BEV and PHEV are concerned. This is what you're paying for in new vehicles.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 08:20 AM   #9676
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
The manufacturers have very little/nothing to do with PCP or leasing. The advantage they get is selling more units, as more people can afford a couple of grand down & £400 a month for 3 years. Rather than getting approved on a loan/finance for a £20K car.
Cars these days compared to 10 years ago, are a lot more expensive so they had to find a way to make it easier for people to access new vehicles.
R&D is a huge cost in todays vehicles due to the technology and systems involved - especially where BEV and PHEV are concerned. This is what you're paying for in new vehicles.

Seems that once someone is 'hooked' on PCP they will stay with the same brand of vehicle, so PCP is a good deal for car makers and dealers. All fueled by people wanting a 'new' number plate on their driveway (UK is the only place where date of registration appears on car number plate), I suspect that a lot of people in UK who get 'vanity' plates use them to hide the real age of the vehicle.

https://www.confused.com/car-finance...elling-scandal

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 04-06-21 at 08:22 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 08:31 AM   #9677
ethariel

Never again on PCP, if you want to keep it then it's the (pretty much) 2/3 of original price in cash now thanks.

Much easier to just do it on HP/Loan, least it's yours at the end and no stupid limits on mileage or some tosspot standing there with a clipboard noting down all the 'Issues' that you have to pay up for before getting out.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 09:10 AM   #9678
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Never again on PCP, if you want to keep it then it's the (pretty much) 2/3 of original price in cash now thanks.

Much easier to just do it on HP/Loan, least it's yours at the end and no stupid limits on mileage or some tosspot standing there with a clipboard noting down all the 'Issues' that you have to pay up for before getting out.
unless you know its only for a term deal (eg a company car) and you don't want to keep it, they're ok to send back if you're within the mileage spec/agreed condition of the car. The big issue is not being in negative 'equity' if the market value has changed, or the car is in a higher mileage than the agree time.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 01:58 PM   #9679
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Laptop is not turning on. Can't get on here much.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 03:32 PM   #9680
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Is there any sign of life at all when you hit the power on button Adam?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote