SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-05-08, 11:09 AM   #1
2mths

Default I think I need new leathers...

...I've lost so much weight.

For one reason or another (mostly because I've instead been helping people with jobs on their houses) I've barely been out on the bike this year - maddening given the awesome weather we've had of late. Anyway determined to go out for a blast I got kitted up late the other evening and my leather jeans whilst happy to stay up could probably be pulled down without undoing them. When I got out on the bike I could feel the back of them getting full of air. My jacket was little better and at one point it unzipped itself.

So I think I should probably invest in some new kit. Probably a good reason to go to the BMF, see if I can find a half decent pair of jeans, maybe even 2-piece suit. Comments and or advice welcomed
Old 15-05-08, 11:22 AM   #2
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Re: I think I need new leathers...

Is it wrong to suggest eating more cake instead?
Would be much cheaper

On a serious note, best to get them swapped asap as you wouldn't want loose gear if you came off!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-08, 05:36 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: I think I need new leathers...

That happened to me too when i did my leg in I dropped from 12 stone to just under 10 and all my trousers ended up too loose... And simultaneously, I developed arm and shoulder muscles for the first time ever from pegging around on crutches, so my jackets all ended up too tight
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote