SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-06-11, 02:29 PM   #11
metalhead19

Default Re: Anyone going to Download?

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...23#post2553023
Old 08-06-11, 03:02 PM   #12
metalmonkey

Default Re: Download Festival

Yeah i'm already here, loads of ppl are arriving already! As per my other thread drop by the big red circus tent, i'll be easy spot as i'll have my camera wirh me along with bright yellow vest.
Old 08-06-11, 06:30 PM   #13
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Mereged the two threads together, Rideouts & Meetings is supposed to be for bike stuff, so the whole lot is now in IB.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 10:45 PM   #14
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMonkeyBoy View Post
Anyone there? If so keep an eye out for me, on my Yellow Curvy, I'm riding up
Lookout for a monkey and a Bear. Both tall, hairy and handsome.
Old 11-06-11, 01:53 AM   #15
metalmonkey

Download is sick, post show party freaking sweet.
Old 13-06-11, 02:57 PM   #16
metalmonkey

So for people that went what were the highlights of the w/end?
Old 13-06-11, 09:35 PM   #17
thefallenangel

Skindred and the "Newport Helicopter", Rob Zombie Show, Bowling for Soup raping a sheep on stage, Black stone Cherry doing Rolling in the Deep.

Bloody loads of other stuff too. I love Download even if Copping can't organise a tidy line up to save his life!
Old 13-06-11, 10:36 PM   #18
metalmonkey

Ah cool glad you had a good time, I only went to the main stage once on Saturday to watch Skunk and Ansie I wanted to see Pendlum and Bullet for my Valtein but I just didn't have the time.

I was there filming so it took uo most of my time.

I had a really good time, I was with some great people we were camped in out own area which was amazing we had a party on Saturday/Sunday night which was awesome

Did anyone go to the big top to see the cirus? If so what did you think?

The show looked something like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3vNETU9cQ

Last edited by metalmonkey; 13-06-11 at 10:56 PM.
Old 15-06-11, 12:51 AM   #19
YellowMonkeyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallenangel View Post
Bowling for Soup raping a sheep on stage, Black stone Cherry doing Rolling in the Deep.
Agreed on those two and frankly it was a Meet up just no one came with me on my ride out on the Thursday when I was in a new place with my SV so :P

I loved Pendulum I actually really did and Bullet were better than Linkin Park I felt between songs they were excessively faffing almost as if things kept going wrong. I loved everyone I went to see and was on the Sunday in full Biker Gear excluding helmet as it was the only water proofs I had obviously I'd taken out the armour so I could raise the horns to atleast a 45 degree angle from my chest though this was still higher than most. The temptation to go in in full bike gear armour and all into a Mosh/circle pit like on avenged or something was strong but I doubt they'd let me in with it on claiming its a leathal weapon despite the fact it saves live

I actually spotted Two SV's in the Lot though which supprised me as there was like 16 bikes total which proves that good taste in bikes means good taste in Music? Maybe ... No? Well one of the Two was a pointy Though I might let it off as it was gorgeous I must say because it was in Red. The other was a Yellow Half Faired like mine Curvey with Tweety stickers over it maybe not so much in good taste but I have a Picture of this one which I may post on this thread.

Overall as a first proper festival experience I learnt much, remember little and left with blisters and a hunger worthy of a god. The 236 Mile ride home was the perfect finish as the weather perked up and I went to some of my favourite spots on the way around Cheltenham the place I lived at for 3 years while at uni, again have a pic or two.

If you read all of this ... Why ... Why did you do that but I love you

BUTT SCRATCHER!
Old 15-06-11, 05:23 PM   #20
thefallenangel

Heath Ledger!
Margret Thatcher!