SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-10-08, 05:12 PM   #11
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: The MTB thread

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 05:22 PM   #12
Girth
Mega Poster

I've work in a bike shop and have done since i was around 14, so i use the demo bikes we have, but that is when i do go out. Not as keen as i was around 18 months ago. I used to do around 160 miles a week.

My last bike was a Trek Fuel 100, full carbon, full bouncer, carbon everything, XT drivetrain with XTR wheelset. The whole bike weighed 24.9lbs!!!

But over the last 8 years or so i've had around 30-35 bikes and must of spent in excess of £40,000 on bikes and apparal.
Old 21-10-08, 05:31 PM   #13
pookie

I have a Dbr v6 import from US years ago, recently did a rebuild of a stumjumper m4 to replace one that was stolen when I was a youth. Didnt have it insured at the time ..only took 10years to get round to replacing it
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 05:34 PM   #14
xXBADGERXx

I pilot an Orange Patriot LT (ex works/factory bike) , this weekend she is getting a Shimano Hone Crankset fitted and in the post today I got my Goldtec Bushes for the rear shocker . Should be good to go for a shakedown test and will then probably hit up Llandegla next weekend for a gentle pootle before getting back into it and ramping up the Cuuuurrrazyness

Old 21-10-08, 05:37 PM   #15
Girth
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I pilot an Orange Patriot LT (ex works/factory bike) , this weekend she is getting a Shimano Hone Crankset fitted and in the post today I got my Goldtec Bushes for the rear shocker . Should be good to go for a shakedown test and will then probably hit up Llandegla next weekend for a gentle pootle before getting back into it and ramping up the Cuuuurrrazyness

Cant go wrong with the Hone's, for the prices they go for its wrong not too and you get more life out of the rings compared to XT as they are steel not aluminium.
Old 21-10-08, 06:57 PM   #16
xXBADGERXx

Girth , the Hone cost me £3 WITH a Hollowtec II bottom Bracket . I didn`t realise it but I`d referred a friend on my Wiggle account and they bought stuff . I was gonna pay £70 for the crankset , completed the order and it said "We are gonna take £3 off your Debit Card" .... I was like O_o huh ? . Hadn`t realised they had credited my account about 2 years ago and it`s been sat in there all this time . I killed the Truvativ Hussefelt crankset this year and got sick and tired of binning a bottom bracket every year as well . So the Patriot had the BB threads chased and faced this week and I`m gonna install the Hone set tomorrow (when I can find that damn Spanner for it)
Old 21-10-08, 07:40 PM   #17
Viney
Mega Poster

Verna has the same bike gary. Her last one got stolen.

The brakes on hers are better than the discs on my Cannondale which was half as much in value again.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 08:23 PM   #18
Girth
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Girth , the Hone cost me £3 WITH a Hollowtec II bottom Bracket . I didn`t realise it but I`d referred a friend on my Wiggle account and they bought stuff . I was gonna pay £70 for the crankset , completed the order and it said "We are gonna take £3 off your Debit Card" .... I was like O_o huh ? . Hadn`t realised they had credited my account about 2 years ago and it`s been sat in there all this time . I killed the Truvativ Hussefelt crankset this year and got sick and tired of binning a bottom bracket every year as well . So the Patriot had the BB threads chased and faced this week and I`m gonna install the Hone set tomorrow (when I can find that damn Spanner for it)

I bent some Hussefelts, yes, me, with my weight!

Can't go wrong for £3!
Old 21-10-08, 08:23 PM   #19
Girth
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
Verna has the same bike gary. Her last one got stolen.

The brakes on hers are better than the discs on my Cannondale which was half as much in value again.

It had i think XT v-brakes it was a pure race bike

Currently using a Iron Horse Azure Comp
Old 21-10-08, 08:46 PM   #20
TazDaz

I'm riding one of these at the minute. Focus Black Raider.

Isn't particularly good at downhill sections, but I generally try to stick to cross country riding and this bike sort of excells in this area due to the low weight etc.