SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 14-09-10, 05:34 PM   #1
davegee59

Talking sv650 1999

hi all dont know if its of any use to anyone on here im selling my sv
because im too skint to tax it,come back from hols and on me uppers
its done 27000 miles its a faied model but ive fitted straight bars and
a naked top yoke and braided front hose ,had a very recent service runs and rides mint,new pads, new tyres,fork seals done,carbon fibre can,nice screen
best of both worlds no bach ache and a fairing as well,tons and i mean tons of service history,think all the old mots are here as well
£1000.00 quid or very near offer about 10 months mot on this but no tax
forgot to mention its data tagged,and it had an 8000 mile service,oil,oil filter,exhaust bracket ,fork seal,and moted on the 16th of june this year,i still have the original top yoke and bars also,added another pic of the history and stuff
forgot to add id swap for a naked sv or anything else with an upright seating position
atb
dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sv2.jpg (122.0 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg sv4.jpg (74.3 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg sv6.jpg (60.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg sv8.jpg (74.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg history.jpg (109.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by davegee59; 22-09-10 at 06:12 PM.
Old 21-09-10, 03:12 PM   #2
slinky

Default Re: sv650 1999

Hi,

Looking for somthing just like this, how come you fitted straight bars? Also what does that mean any way!

Is it still available and whats the location?

James
Old 21-09-10, 04:12 PM   #3
davegee59

Talking Re: sv650 1999

hiya mate the straight bars are raised up a bit so you sit more upright
and makes it easier on the back and wrist,but i still have the original bars as well,and i'm in failsworth manchester
atb
dave
Old 22-09-10, 06:07 PM   #4
davegee59

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegee59 View Post
hi all dont know if its of any use to anyone on here im selling my sv
because im too skint to tax it,come back from hols and on me uppers
its done 27000 miles its a faied model but ive fitted straight bars and
a naked top yoke and braided front hose ,had a very recent service runs and rides mint,new pads, new tyres,fork seals done,carbon fibre can,nice screen
best of both worlds no bach ache and a fairing as well,tons and i mean tons of service history,think all the old mots are here as well
£1000.00 quid or very near offer about 10 months mot on this but no tax
forgot to mention its data tagged,and it had an 8000 mile service,oil,oil filter,exhaust bracket ,fork seal,and moted on the 16th of june this year,i still have the original top yoke and bars also,added another pic of the history and stuff

atb
dave
id swap this for a naked model if anyone fancies a swap
as they are a bit more upright again i believe,or anything with an upright
seating position.
atb
dave

Last edited by davegee59; 22-09-10 at 06:14 PM.
Old 23-09-10, 04:48 PM   #5
Phaelok

HAHAHA!!!

Thats MY OLD BIKE!!!

www.biketechforums.com sticker on the screen!!!

And what the hell happened to the service history? There was loads more than that!!!!

Last edited by Phaelok; 23-09-10 at 04:51 PM.
Old 23-09-10, 05:03 PM   #6
davegee59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelok View Post
HAHAHA!!!

Thats MY OLD BIKE!!!

www.biketechforums.com sticker on the screen!!!

And what the hell happened to the service history? There was loads more than that!!!!
i havent got a clue mate thats all that came with it,i thought there was plenty here there's also a notepad with all work carried out on the bike was that yours,its still a good little bike,rides mint
atb
dave
Old 23-09-10, 05:43 PM   #7
Phaelok

There was a crap load more than that. A folder full!

Well for the next owner on here I'll give you a little history.

I bought that bike from a family who had it laid up for 2 years. It belonged to a lady owner who had it lowered and she was away in Iraq as she's in the army. She decided to have her bike sold as she didn't use it.

The bike was mint when I picked it up, sounded awesome and never missed a beat. I used her all year round whilst trying my best without a garage to keep her clean. Acf kept the finish pretty good all round. I used the bike to commute to and from London all year round once every two weeks. In that time it has had a lot of work done, and I still have originals to fit the bike.

The only times it ever broke down on me was when the battery gave up the ghost, and when the front cylinder got covered in snow back in 2008. Spark plug was soaked and rode it 10 miles across London on one cylinder lol.

Apart from that the cam chain tensioner was replaced as it sounded like a tractor, as was the chain, tyres, pads, brakes worked on, fork seals etc. All receipts for above.

I then parted with it back in April 2010 and sold it for a grand to arriva Kawasaki Bristol as a part ex for my Kawasaki versys. It didn't go on the floor, it went straight out to a trader who sold it on eBay. Presumably dave bought it and now here it is for sale!

Ps in all motorway miles travelled it never exceeded 75mph as at 6ft2" it felt like it was going to rip my head off.

Hope it helps and hope that gives you confidence in buying! Not often you get the history of the last 10k the bikes covered!
Old 23-09-10, 05:48 PM   #8
mikerj

Very tidy looking curvy! Would help if you let people know where in the country you are located.
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-10, 10:03 PM   #9
davegee59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelok View Post
There was a crap load more than that. A folder full!

Well for the next owner on here I'll give you a little history.

I bought that bike from a family who had it laid up for 2 years. It belonged to a lady owner who had it lowered and she was away in Iraq as she's in the army. She decided to have her bike sold as she didn't use it.

The bike was mint when I picked it up, sounded awesome and never missed a beat. I used her all year round whilst trying my best without a garage to keep her clean. Acf kept the finish pretty good all round. I used the bike to commute to and from London all year round once every two weeks. In that time it has had a lot of work done, and I still have originals to fit the bike.

The only times it ever broke down on me was when the battery gave up the ghost, and when the front cylinder got covered in snow back in 2008. Spark plug was soaked and rode it 10 miles across London on one cylinder lol.

Apart from that the cam chain tensioner was replaced as it sounded like a tractor, as was the chain, tyres, pads, brakes worked on, fork seals etc. All receipts for above.

I then parted with it back in April 2010 and sold it for a grand to arriva Kawasaki Bristol as a part ex for my Kawasaki versys. It didn't go on the floor, it went straight out to a trader who sold it on eBay. Presumably dave bought it and now here it is for sale!

Ps in all motorway miles travelled it never exceeded 75mph as at 6ft2" it felt like it was going to rip my head off.

Hope it helps and hope that gives you confidence in buying! Not often you get the history of the last 10k the bikes covered!
thanks for that mate,its still a cracking little thing runs lovely
and i had no idea about needing to put location on the thread im in failsworth manchester
atb
dave
Old 24-09-10, 06:36 AM   #10
klu

Would you considering meeting me at a ferry?