SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-10, 05:12 AM   #1
Smudge

Default Freeman on the land????

I was talking to a university lecturer friend of mine about the difference between common law and statutory act of parliment.

He claims that has we have never signed a declaration to these so called laws we can claim common law juristiction.
Healso claims that our social structure is based on an illusion of power.

He called it admiral law as in of the sea and said this is why we judge people in a court dock, and various other quotes relating to banks currency.

I have put about 20 hours research in so far and it seems it's true.
It dates back to the 'Magna Carta' apparently.

Does anyone know where i can get more info on this?
If we all claim our birth right to common law what will happen to the system.

There's also people de-regestering there belongings i.e. vehicals and sending there birth certs back to the queen and refusing to take part in the system.
It's got me really intregued!
Old 27-10-10, 08:31 AM   #2
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: Freeman on the land????

I've come across people who quote the Magna Carta whilst doing my job. Usual scenario is a car shows no insurance or keeper, speak to the driver. Driver then starts telling me about the Magna Carta and how he doesn't have to register either his car or even his name according to the old laws. Quite often, they refuse to povide details of who they are or where they live.

One guy took it to the absolute end degree with the "My name is a label applied to me by the current Government" and refused his details, saying he had no name. He ended up getting arrested for the simple act of using a mobile phone whilst driving. Remanded in custody to court next day as he claimed not to have an address.

I've not had anything back on that case, so I assume he provided verifiable details to the beak...

I suppose I should do some digging myself. Next time I'm back home in Hereford, I'll go and have a look.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 11:29 AM   #3
collis

i'm interested in this myself, as if there are old laws still out there such as the Magna Carta then they should still apply unless they have been officially withdrawn by the crown.
I would like to know if any of these mmodern laws could be used as a legal defense for anything currently.
/me goes hunting
Old 27-10-10, 11:41 AM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by collis View Post
/me goes hunting
Better not be on Royal Land then, Pre-Constitutional penalties for that were rather stiff from memory

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 11:55 AM   #5
phi-dan

We have something locally down here called Stannary Law, which applies to tin miners. It was most recntly invoked as a means to not pay poll/council tax as the Charter of Pardon 1508 restored the rights granted in 1337 such that tin miners, or "stanners", be exempt from all civil jurisdiction save that of the Stannary Parliament. The protests failed, not only coz buying a £1 share in a non-producing tinmine does not make you a tin-miner, but also on account of desuetude, i.e. law becoming repealed through lack of use rather than act of parliament. I suspect that other "common laws" will also fail under the same principle.
Old 27-10-10, 12:05 PM   #6
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Better not be on Royal Land then, Pre-Constitutional penalties for that were rather stiff from memory
Like transportation?
Who was it wanted the cheapest way of getting to New Zealand ?
Old 27-10-10, 01:14 PM   #7
Smudge

I look on google but there doesn't seem to be any legal people talking about it just the usual conspiracy types.
I was told this from a pretty clued up person but I still think this should be common knowledge.
If I wasn't studying so hard at the moment I would research this more.
But there does seem there's a way to opp'd out of the system!
Old 27-10-10, 02:06 PM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

Old law and special rights have never had much of a standing.

I remember years ago being told and shown the grave of somebody being killed by a press gang on Portland despite it being crown property and illegal to press on the island. So if hundreds of years ago authority could do what they hell they like, what makes anyone think things would have got better?
Old 27-10-10, 03:19 PM   #9
davepreston

it seems to me the only way if using any other law as defence in this country is to use the europeian court
the old ones will mostly be overruled as they have now been superseeded (if not directly revoked) by newer one's
but it is a fasinating subject you raise
Old 28-10-10, 01:16 AM   #10
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmudgeK3 View Post
If we all claim our birth right to common law what will happen to the system.

There's also people de-regestering there belongings i.e. vehicals and sending there birth certs back to the queen and refusing to take part in the system.
It's got me really intregued!

All property would then revert to the Crown and you'd simply be paying rent vs. taxes.

No, just jail time.
Try it and see!

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 28-10-10 at 03:24 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote