SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-01-08, 02:39 PM   #1
veggiz

Default Remove Motrax DHM!

I was going to remove my motrax' today, because I'm gonna give my sv a full fairing..

Anyway, I'm not the one who put them on, they were already on when i bought the bike. And when I took off the one on the left side, I just loosened the bolt, an unscrewed it. But, on the right side, when I unscrewed it there was a bolt left in the frame! What to do..?

If nobody understand what I mean, I'll try to get some photos of the "problem"..
Old 26-01-08, 02:48 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Remove Motrax DHM!

the bolt on that side is a 2 section bolt with a sleev joining the 2 sections together.

Ive fitted some but never removed any so i have no idea how you'd get that one out. Sorry its not much help but at least now you know its meant to be like tht and see if you can find a way to work round it.

Dont forget that DHMs go where engine bolts used to be so go find those engine bolts first so you dont go to all the trouble of taking these out only to discover you cant find the original engine bolts.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-08, 02:54 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

I just molegripped mine out after the spacer stripped its thread. But that could destroy the bolt thread without actually removing it. If you can find 2 suitable M10 nuts you can spin them onto the bolt, tighten them together, then use a spanner on the "inside" bolt to turn the whole thing- just like putting a bolt head on it. Or there are stud extractors designed for this too.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-08, 05:38 PM   #4
veggiz

Originally, is it a ordinary M10 bolt that goes there? I have to get a new one.. There's some spacerthingy there, I don't know if that came with the DHM's, or if it's there originally.
Old 31-01-08, 04:05 PM   #5
veggiz

Spacerthingy

Bolt from the DHM's.

Can someone check on their SV's and tell me what i need, and how its got to be? Some photos would've helped aswell.
Old 03-04-08, 07:26 AM   #6
veggiz

I've succesessfully removed the DHM's, but since they were mounted when I bought the bike, I dont have the original bolts. Anyone have a spare pair? Or are the any dealers in here that have?

Impossible to get them in Norway, must be specialordered from Japan, may take up to a month!