SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-10-13, 09:00 AM   #1
sm650n

Default 33 BHP - how to remove?

Hi hope someone can help me, i have till 25/10/2013 and then my restriction is up, 4 DAYS TO GO cant wait, My bike as washers and a throttle stop on it, do i take the whole air box off to remove the washers? and i cant see how to remove the throttle stop.
Advise please.
Old 22-10-13, 09:26 AM   #2
granty92

Default Re: 33 BHP how to remove

you need to remove the air box for the washers mate as thats how i done mine, and if you look through the right hand side of the bike frame and pull the throttle you will see whats stopping the throttle going all the way hope this can help ish
Old 22-10-13, 10:57 AM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Re: 33 BHP - how to remove?

Which exact model of bike have you got?
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-13, 12:12 PM   #4
sm650n

K4 Naked on an 08 plate.
Old 22-10-13, 06:03 PM   #5
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I thought the washers and throttle stop was only on the carb model. A K4 should be a pointy with fuel injection, so it's likely to be restricted via the ECU. K4 on an 08 plate is quite a gap, what's the story there?
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-13, 06:11 PM   #6
Tomor
Mega Poster

These are the bits you are looking for

The washers will be in the inlets between airbox and Throttle Bodies. The throttle stop will be on the left (as you sit on the bike) of the TB's and you need to unscrew it.
Old 22-10-13, 07:12 PM   #7
sm650n

Thanks Tomor that's what I can see 2 washers when I remove the air filter, cant see the T piece yet but thanks for your input, my bike was old stock left in a packing case for 3 years so when it was found it was then made a 08 plate SV at that time.

Last edited by sm650n; 22-10-13 at 07:15 PM.
Old 22-10-13, 09:05 PM   #8
kiggles

if you sit on the bike its on the left hand side on the throttle bodies.

turn throttle you should see moving parts/cables and there will be a cross head screw which holds it in place T-plate in place.

I found mine very tight and almost rounded the top. You will need a long screw driver. should take 5 minutes to do. I took throttle bodies off to get easy access to the screw.
Old 23-10-13, 07:24 PM   #9
sm650n

Thanks everyone for your input will try and remove them at weekend.
Old 26-10-13, 05:33 PM   #10
byron126

Mate you need to be really careful when removing the throttle restriction. I did this to my bike and the washers were straight forward enough but the throttle stop was a real pain in the ****ing ass, I'd advise you to download the service manual for your bike and follow the instruction to remove the throttle body off and take the screw out which holds the plate in, as not only is it a pain in the ass to try and undo it through the frame but I found on my bike at least it's head stripped pretty easily and believe me you do not want to have to drill a screw out from a throttle body as
I had to :L I've got a set of fairly crap instructions which came with my kit, if I can find them I could email you a picture of them if you want?