SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-07-20, 07:53 PM   #1811
eddybail

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

eddybail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-20, 07:57 PM   #1812
eddybail

eddybail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-20, 08:36 PM   #1813
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Looks good
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 02:34 PM   #1814
DamoK4

Just taken the taken the forks back to bare metal ready for cleaning and spraying before the new springs go in. They were pretty oxidised so should look miles better later
DamoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 11:05 AM   #1815
TheRamJam
Mega Poster

We upgraded the suspension on my brothers Z1000 SX with some HyperPro springs front and rear.

Yamaha MT 10 - Sold

Current Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory
TheRamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 05:08 PM   #1816
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Over the last couple of days, fitted a new rear tyre, chain and sprockets ( big thank you to Zunkus for sending me a very nice rear sprocket all the way from Malta!), synced the carbs, and replaced all the instrument and idiot lights, working and dud, with LEDs. I can now see how fast I’m going in the dark!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 09:41 AM   #1817
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Just tried to fit the Electrex RR851 'series' RR to AL7 2016 to replace 'shunt' OEM type.

Physically it is OK, but the plugs are not quite right - On the AL7 for the stator wires the projecting locking tab is on the bike harness plug, but the Electrex plug comes with a projecting locking tab - so if I try to plug in the two projecting locking tabs will hit each other and not find the recess that should be there ( the electrex plug needs a recess for the suzuki tab to click into, instead it has another locking tab ). On the 12VDC plug, the plugs would fit except the suzuki one on bike has a split key slot on bike harness socket, with a matching split projecting separator on the RR plug, the electrex 12VDC plug has a solid key in a different position...I could make them fit if I dremelled off the orientation key on the electrex harness plug, but don't want to do that as it would invalidate the warranty. I will email Electrex with photos and see what they say - the only way I could fit electrex RR as it is would be to bodge the plugs or solder the connections...... and the harness on the bike is so tight can hardly get plugs out to even unplug them, let alone have enough room to cut wires and crimp on bullets or solder and heatshrink them..

Electrex do supply a moulded plug body and 3 crimp on female spade connectors with the RR for the stator cables, and that plug body will fit the one on their RR lead, but I can hardly get to the stator plug on bike to unplug it, let alone cut cables and crimp new spades on, in any case that would make the bike end of the stator cables non-standard and I could not fit a standard suzuki OEM RR if I needed to....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 11-08-20 at 02:15 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 01:46 PM   #1818
timwilky
Mega Poster

Need to get to the auxillary connection in order to use it to trigger a relay to give me fused power to heated grips, usb for camera, etc. I know exactly where it is but a mare of a place get at.

So remove "Meter Panels", fairings, seat, tank sides and lift tank and I can see it. But can I get to it with long grab to lift it to plug in cable?

If not it is then remove ECU, remove air filter and the air box. What a faff it is as if Suzuki don't want people to use the auxilary connection.
Old 11-08-20, 03:26 PM   #1819
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Need to get to the auxillary connection in order to use it to trigger a relay to give me fused power to heated grips, usb for camera, etc. I know exactly where it is but a mare of a place get at.

So remove "Meter Panels", fairings, seat, tank sides and lift tank and I can see it. But can I get to it with long grab to lift it to plug in cable?

If not it is then remove ECU, remove air filter and the air box. What a faff it is as if Suzuki don't want people to use the auxilary connection.
unless there is a 'canbus' on the bike why bother using the aux connector for a simple relay trigger. just use any ignition live such as side light, brake light switch etc.etc.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-20, 11:32 AM   #1820
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I've been intending to fit a new clutch and service but the weather has been sublime so I've ridden every day the past few days...it's been great
Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Over the last couple of days, fitted a new rear tyre, chain and sprockets ( big thank you to Zunkus for sending me a very nice rear sprocket all the way from Malta!), synced the carbs, and replaced all the instrument and idiot lights, working and dud, with LEDs. I can now see how fast I’m going in the dark!
Good to hear zunkus is still lurking, nice chap IIRC...and even nicer buelly sv

Last edited by Dave20046; 13-08-20 at 11:33 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote