SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-06-22, 12:55 PM   #10721
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
I'm sorry you're having all this crap to deal with, Gary. It isn't right.
Feels like I'm swimming in treacle Craig.

If you ever fancied doing that story on the church and Section 21 evictions, I'm sure lots of media outlets would be interested. I suspect there are hundreds of people in the same position now.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-22, 08:07 PM   #10722
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
I'm sorry you're having all this crap to deal with, Gary. It isn't right.
Ditto from me.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 23-06-22, 09:24 PM   #10723
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Thanks John. There's a slight glimmer of hope showing over the last couple of days. However I shan't be counting any chickens!
Old 27-06-22, 05:01 PM   #10724
Kenzie

Sigh... Luckily an easy fix at the side of the road. I may take it off again and add a dab of thread lock.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 28-06-22 at 05:31 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-22, 01:28 PM   #10725
embee
Mega Poster

Rode back up from Portsmouth (ferry) last night, because of all the cr*p UK roads the M27 was shut so had to use an alternative route using cross country roads I didn't know at all.
2 gripes.
Why do reflective roadsigns have to be so ****ing bright? Can't see anything beyond them half the time with the headlight on. There was a time when highways painted brown gunge on them to tone it down but that seems to have gone.
Second. why do modern trucks have to cover the entire back face with intense red lights? ****ing stupid. I understand a couple on each side, in case of a failure (but aren't they all LED now?), but I counted 16 red lights on the back of one. Hey, a couple of red lights, I get it, I can see the truck, it's the ****ing big thing with red lights and reflective tape all over it, enough.
Old 29-06-22, 03:05 PM   #10726
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Rode back up from Portsmouth (ferry) last night, because of all the cr*p UK roads the M27 was shut so had to use an alternative route using cross country roads I didn't know at all.
2 gripes.
Why do reflective roadsigns have to be so ****ing bright? Can't see anything beyond them half the time with the headlight on. There was a time when highways painted brown gunge on them to tone it down but that seems to have gone.
Second. why do modern trucks have to cover the entire back face with intense red lights? ****ing stupid. I understand a couple on each side, in case of a failure (but aren't they all LED now?), but I counted 16 red lights on the back of one. Hey, a couple of red lights, I get it, I can see the truck, it's the ****ing big thing with red lights and reflective tape all over it, enough.
Yep and yep to both gripes. Glad it's not just me that thinks this.
Old 30-06-22, 10:59 PM   #10727
svenrico

Need to get this off my chest. There was a programme on tv tonight about call centre chaos which was exactly what I have experienced.
There was a £35 cashback offer on my chromebook I bought in april from Currys store in York- salesman said they wait a while before paying it in case people take product back. waited and waited and then noticed other day somebody had handwritten on careplan brochure chromebook.cashback .com or similar - I went on to this website and it said offer had now closed- claim had to be made within 14 days of purchase . went into clifton moor store to complain -they just fobbed me off and gave me a number to ring . rang number and held on- was passed on through numerous departments , each with several options to choose from - eventually spoke to a person who said he would put me through to appropriate department - didn't do any good - finally was asked if I wanted a text message sending to my mobile giving the correct department to contact which turned out to be a webchat address ( which I had previously used a few days ago when they had promised to get somebody to telephone or email me regarding my £35 cashback claim,which they never did !)
My point all along was that it was never explained to me or written down anywhere that I had to make the claim. I assumed it would be done automatically by Currys. Bloody infuriating, and why can't the store sort these things out for you instead of acting as if it is nothing to do with them ?! ps there was a suggestion on the tv programme that some of these systems might be designed to fob people off ! surely not!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 12:05 PM   #10728
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
<snip> Bloody infuriating, and why can't the store sort these things out for you instead of acting as if it is nothing to do with them ?! ps there was a suggestion on the tv programme that some of these systems might be designed to fob people off ! surely not!
That's the whole point. They want you to buy the product for £30 more than their competitors not £5 less. So they offer you £35 cashback on the assumption that only a tiny percentage of customers will struggle through the morass of phone lines, forms, and stupid conditions to actually claim their £35.

This sort of thing has been going on in America for years. Unfortunately, they're trying the came $h!t over here now. The only way to stop it is for everyone to make the effort and claim their cashback, or refuse to buy products where they make you jump through hoops to get a fair price. After all, if they want to sell it for £35 less, why not reduce the price.

Just my thoughts,

Keith.

Last edited by keith_d; 01-07-22 at 12:07 PM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 04:49 PM   #10729
DJ123
Mega Poster

Never had any issues doing it myself. Usually it's clear the dates from/to the claim is valid for and how to process it.
Sounds like the wrong information was given to you at the time of purchase.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 11:41 PM   #10730
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Never had any issues doing it myself. Usually it's clear the dates from/to the claim is valid for and how to process it.
Sounds like the wrong information was given to you at the time of purchase.
That is my whole point, it was never made clear to me that I had to make a claim to get the cashback.I assumed the cashback would be paid automatically after purchasing the item ( the salesman said it would take a while to receive the cashback to allow for people possibly returning the goods )
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote