SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-07-22, 05:00 PM   #10731
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Had that on a mobile deal once - onus was on me to remember to make a claim in the right window every x months. I did but it was a hassle and I avoid such schemes now whenever possible.
Old 04-07-22, 02:38 PM   #10732
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Never had any issues doing it myself. Usually it's clear the dates from/to the claim is valid for and how to process it.
Sounds like the wrong information was given to you at the time of purchase.
You get a lot of this with the major camera brands in our store. We make sure customers know it's a Canon/Nikon/Sony incentive and give them a flyer from that company explaining how to claim. Panasonic have a 30 day grace period to stop people returning a camera a day after the bought it for refund.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-22, 05:07 PM   #10733
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You get a lot of this with the major camera brands in our store.
They're worth getting. I've had cashback from Sony twice in that way as its often the only way to get a better price.
Old 04-07-22, 08:07 PM   #10734
svenrico

Quote:
You get a lot of this with the major camera brands in our store. We make sure customers know it's a Canon/Nikon/Sony incentive and give them a flyer from that company explaining how to claim. Panasonic have a 30 day grace period to stop people returning a camera a day after the bought it for refund.

That is fine, pity Currys hadn't explained it to me.I had nothing explaining about the cashback offer /claim procedure on my chromebook..
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 08:45 PM   #10735
yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
That is fine, pity Currys hadn't explained it to me.I had nothing explaining about the cashback offer /claim procedure on my chromebook..
Don't trust the salespeople to explain. They probably haven't a clue about the cashback offers themselves and their focus is making the sale. Go onto the website or promo material and check for yourself.
I've successfully managed to get cash back on similar offers before, cameras and coffee machines. All it takes is a photo of the receipt to be uploaded but there are strict time limits. Remember, the deal promoters are relying on the customer to mess up or forget in order to profit.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 12:00 AM   #10736
ethariel

Quote:

Funny you should mention camera's, I went thru hell getting a £150 cashback back on a Sony lens I bought, you would have thought I was asking for a metric ton of gold.

Photo of receipt - nope a number is missing
Copy of the invoice sent over - nope has to be a receipt
Sent receipt again - no good
Got a copy receipt from shop - nope still no good and window has closed for cashback have a nice day - click

Took starting off a small claim case online to get a resolution from them, Sigma all the way now!
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 08:00 PM   #10737
yokohama

Quote:

I got a really good deal with Olympus a few years ago, combined with an AMEX cashback deal. With Olympus, the cashback claim could be submitted immediately but they didn't pay out for 30 days, when the return period had expired. Sensible and worked well.
Old 05-07-22, 11:40 PM   #10738
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
Don't trust the salespeople to explain. They probably haven't a clue about the cashback offers themselves and their focus is making the sale. Go onto the website or promo material and check for yourself.
I've successfully managed to get cash back on similar offers before, cameras and coffee machines. All it takes is a photo of the receipt to be uploaded but there are strict time limits. Remember, the deal promoters are relying on the customer to mess up or forget in order to profit.
website says offer is now closed.-had to be claimed within 14 days of purchase. there was no promo material apart from sticker on item description in store saying £35 cashback. salesman just said they would take a while to pay it allowing for people possibly taking item back. I will have another go on Currys webchat but -------------
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 11:55 AM   #10739
admin
John T
Mega Poster

When I visit the local Sainsbury's I buy some tinned food or similar to leave in the donations bin on the way out. I've noticed lately that people are leaving newspapers in the donations bin, why? How's that going to feed anyone. To make it worse it's usually the Daily Heil.

Old 12-07-22, 07:14 PM   #10740
yokohama

Scottish B roads. First time on the B709 in two years and in places it's still a pothole and gravel slalom.
Ditto the 6318. It's OK heading north from Gilsland but as soon as it crosses the B6357 at Harelaw, it starts falling to pieces.