SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-02-22, 12:40 AM   #10471
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Notifications to my email from ebay notifying me of sign in activity on my account and giving approximate address as ,for example today ,London which is 200 miles from where I live .
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-22, 08:02 AM   #10472
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Notifications to my email from ebay notifying me of sign in activity on my account and giving approximate address as ,for example today ,London which is 200 miles from where I live .
I think it's based on your server location. I'm with Zen broadband and my sign in warnings swing from Scotland to London with occasional brief rests in Lancashire.
If I haven't signed into google then "maps" puts me in various parts of the country.
Old 18-02-22, 10:26 AM   #10473
Chris_SVS

I get that all the time, my 4g setup seems to migrate itself around the country.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-22, 05:37 PM   #10474
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Blasted wind. I lost a fence post and panel today. Just the one each, which was not too bad I suppose, but what's the betting that I'll have a heck of a job finding any to replace them considering how many must be down across the country...
Old 18-02-22, 08:59 PM   #10475
svenrico

Putin. Ukraine now, where next ? Putin would like to return to the days of the old Soviet Union and he is prepared to risk starting world war 3 to get his way. Does anybody really think Putin has no intention of invading Ukraine (apart from maybe those who think the Russian state had nothing to do with the Salisbury poisonings ) ?
Old 18-02-22, 09:50 PM   #10476
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I think you have to judge the situation as to whether you are going to create a dangerous situation with other vehicles by waiting for a pedestrian to cross and hope the pedestrian has enough sense not to step out in front of a moving vehicle if you decide not to wait for them to start crossing. I agree, a stupid new rule . If I am the pedestrian I would tend to wave the motorist on and wait until it is safe to cross.

How many people these days actually read the new highway code whenever it comes out?! I know we should, but I seriously doubt there are that many that do. So I reckon most people won't know about this change and just carry on as before.....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-22, 09:37 AM   #10477
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
So I reckon most people won't know about this change and just carry on as before.....
dont need the highway code you just need the warriors on social media to tell everyone
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 06:09 PM   #10478
DJ123
Mega Poster

Royal "fail". They're just an expensive version of Hermes - to be fair, that's now probably an insult to Hermes . . . .

I ordered an item on Feb 11th, on a 48 hour delivery. I left it until the 17th to chase the sender as no updates were issued on tracking (i sometimes know it can be slow/missed).
They chased RM, on the 19th i got notification 'we have your parcel' and will deliver it on the 21st. I selected my local post office (which is 2 miles from the delivery depot which it is at) and they STILL failed to deliver it today - tracking shows 'still at delivery depot'.

Also ordered an item from Amazon on the 14th Feb, (unfortunately using RM as the courier) it was due by Thursday/Friday last week. It is also delayed- potentially up to the 23rd Feb . . . . (but probably longer)

They seem to be they make money by charging people for a service they cannot supply. And losing parcels too. Had plenty of those the last few months.

RM should stick to letters and let the Parcel delivery companies deal with anything not in an envelope.

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 21-02-22 at 06:24 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 10:08 PM   #10479
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Royal "fail". They're just an expensive version of Hermes - to be fair, that's now probably an insult to Hermes . . . .

I ordered an item on Feb 11th, on a 48 hour delivery. I left it until the 17th to chase the sender as no updates were issued on tracking (i sometimes know it can be slow/missed).
They chased RM, on the 19th i got notification 'we have your parcel' and will deliver it on the 21st. I selected my local post office (which is 2 miles from the delivery depot which it is at) and they STILL failed to deliver it today - tracking shows 'still at delivery depot'.

Also ordered an item from Amazon on the 14th Feb, (unfortunately using RM as the courier) it was due by Thursday/Friday last week. It is also delayed- potentially up to the 23rd Feb . . . . (but probably longer)

They seem to be they make money by charging people for a service they cannot supply. And losing parcels too. Had plenty of those the last few months.

RM should stick to letters and let the Parcel delivery companies deal with anything not in an envelope.
I must be lucky because I've been ordering a lot of stuff on line recently and it's been delivered by Royal Mail/Hermes/DHL/DPD and I've not had a problem with any of them. I had a Hermes delivery today - forecast to arrive between 1:30pm and 3:30pm and it arrived at 2:30pm.

If I'm not home, they'll put the item in a wheelie bin (at the rear of the property) and leave a note. I've changed deliveries so they'll leave packages in my conservatory if I'm going out on the day they're going to deliver - no fuss, no bother.
Old 22-02-22, 01:22 PM   #10480
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I must be lucky because I've been ordering a lot of stuff on line recently and it's been delivered by Royal Mail/Hermes/DHL/DPD and I've not had a problem with any of them. I had a Hermes delivery today - forecast to arrive between 1:30pm and 3:30pm and it arrived at 2:30pm.

If I'm not home, they'll put the item in a wheelie bin (at the rear of the property) and leave a note. I've changed deliveries so they'll leave packages in my conservatory if I'm going out on the day they're going to deliver - no fuss, no bother.
I haven't had a problem with delivery of items recently either, touch wood.