SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 15-05-16, 07:26 PM   #751
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
And check this Yoko
http://www.gumtree.com/p/antiques/vi...era/1169425140
In a backwater part of Gumtree so basically yours for the taking, and a ride up north
It's just a 20 minute ride up the road from me.
this one too - not sure about the price though. https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digita...ra-/1168351632
I was looking at an X700 on ebay tonight, body only but it went for nearly £30.

Actually, I was a bad boy on ebay earlier . Will update later.

Last edited by yokohama; 15-05-16 at 07:28 PM.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-16, 07:29 PM   #752
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
It's just a 20 minute ride up the road from me.
this one too - not sure about the price though. https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digita...ra-/1168351632
I was looking at an X700 on ebay tonight, body only but it went for nearly £30.

Actually, I was a bad boy on ebay earlier . Will update later.
£20 and open to offers? That's a steal. Reckon you could get that for £15. Have we been encouraging you too much? Just seen a Trip 35 sell on ebay for £17.10+ postage. So £1 was great!

Last edited by Kenzie; 15-05-16 at 07:31 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-16, 08:14 PM   #753
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Lollllz
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-16, 08:39 PM   #754
yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
£20 and open to offers? That's a steal. Reckon you could get that for £15. Have we been encouraging you too much? Just seen a Trip 35 sell on ebay for £17.10+ postage. So £1 was great!
I just offered £18. Waiting for a reply.
Old 15-05-16, 08:43 PM   #755
yokohama

I don't know if this will show up as the auction is finished but a bid for this paid off ....
Old 15-05-16, 08:59 PM   #756
yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I had tried film photography before. I had an OM10 but I wasn't as confident then so I sold it. Wish I had kept it. Also, my wife's grandad gave me a load of film gear to keep or sell. Sold it. Big mistake.
The amount of stuff I've chucked away in the days before ebay.
Even old camera cases and instruction books are worth money these days. But despite the wife's nagging about clutter, I managed to hang on to my turntable and vinyl.

I was never a brilliant photographer but did a module at uni. Learned on a Zenit and was taught how to develop and print b&w, bought the LTL3 and played around a bit but it got nicked when our student flat got burgled. Saved up while working 10 hour night shifts during the uni hols and bought the OM2 and vivitar series 1 70-210 zoom. Took quite a few concert photos and then that was stolen in France. Replaced that with the OM2sp, which I didn't like as much. I preferred the needles in the viewfinder to the electrics. Had a cobra (I think) 28-80 on that and hauled it round Europe with me while I was travelling/working. However, it met the same fate as the others when I went to Brazil.

I didn't take photos for a while and then bought the point and shoot Olympus cos I was getting lazy, but the lens/metering is good and it really takes clear pics. I haven't used it for 10 years but glad I kept it.
Old 15-05-16, 09:01 PM   #757
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

You can make up the URL yourself

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231935779825

Good package for the price! Hopefully your other one will come off too; I doubt £18 would be turned down.

Blimey you know about all this than me then, I just read a lot. Turntable, yes... Linn Basik.

Am working my way surprisingly quickly through the first film in the Olympus S I got a few weeks ago. The busted meter is annoying though it is actually helping me guess exposures. I'll fix it when the film is out. I do like it, and it has the quietest shutter ever. After cutting my teeth on SLRs with a noise like a library stamp, any leaf shutter sounds almost like an anticlimax, especially on a folding MF camera. This is so quiet you almost think it's jammed itself open.

I missed out on the deal for four cameras including a Lynx, it was pulled three days before the ebay auction was due to end. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRse.

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/006a2u
Info on the Symbolica, metering is a sort of programme exposure, starts from slow shutter and wide open aperture, moving both towards less light until you reach maximum shutter speed and smallest aperture. Bit odd when you're used to choosing it all yourself but most cameras that offer fully auto exposure do this sort of thing. Having the needle visible in the viewfinder is, I find, really helpful in speeding up taking pictures, which suits my style of grabbing scenes. If you enjoy using it then I'd recommend trying a Contessa, or if you want shutter-priority auto exposure then a Contessamat, though they are not easy to find. I might have a Contessa for sale soon, but that's not meant to be a sales pitch!

Last edited by johnnyrod; 15-05-16 at 09:03 PM.
Old 15-05-16, 09:22 PM   #758
yokohama

I was playing around with the Symbolica today but it doesn't feel quite right. The light meter needle seems to work but I'm not convinced it's accurate or that it's in synch with the aperture collar on the lens. I can point it at bright sky, set aperture and centre the needle. Then, point the camera at a dark area and the reading stays the same. Give the camera a tap, and the needle moves off centre and needs resetting. I don't think it's meant to be like that.
Old 15-05-16, 09:56 PM   #759
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

No, it's not. The meter most likely can be adjusted but a potentiometer, which sounds like it's a bit grotty. This will be under the left side of the top cover (opposite end to the winder lever), there might be a blanking screw (I don't think so on this one), or you can just take off the top cover by taking out the screw in each end. You'll see the pot, the whole meter assembly is around there. It could be a problem with the linkage to the barrel settings but that's all mechanical I'd wager so I doubt it.
Old 16-05-16, 06:14 AM   #760
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post

I missed out on the deal for four cameras including a Lynx, it was pulled three days before the ebay auction was due to end. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRse.
Looks like the seller added a buy it now for £20
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote