SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-08-07, 05:47 PM   #1
emcf

Default why do i bother????

something or someone is conspiring against me. the one bit i am waiting for to fix my bike after my spill is a left front footpeg hanger.

i went through a website that sources items from breakers yards. found the exact bit on the 23rd july and phoned breakers yard to pay and give address etc. all good stuff. 8 days went by and i phoned to see what was happening - lad at the breakers yard apolgised profusely and said that he had only sent it out on the 30th. fine i thought. waited another week before phoning up and the lad then told me he did not know whether he actually had the piece or not or whether he actually sent it out or not (it's tough life running a breakers yard judging by his multitude of excuses). end result = he refunded money and i have now added another firm to the list of those that i will never go near again.

so....with my flat move coming up fast (fri 10th) i ordered a set of race rearsets from an ebay shop on monday night in the hope that they'd be delivered in time for friday. no sign of them when i got home tonight so i checked on ebay - the item description now has a note saying the seller is on holiday until the bladdy 18th. this note was NOT visible when i placed my order. I have sent an email to the seller to say that I want a refund.

so - i move flat tomorrow and have no way of moving my bike until i get new rearsets (or a left front foot hanger). this is stress that i could really do without.

does anyone know a proper shop (i.e. none of these useless interweb shops) in london that is likely to have rearsets in stock for a 99 curvy??
i will be immensely grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.