SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-11-10, 09:46 PM   #1
D4rkr34per

Smile New Member -Just saying 'Hello' and a few questions :)

Hi, I'm a new member here (just signed up ) and have recently bought a 1999 SV650S. I've got a few questions regarding the bike to 'start me off' and it saves me scouring the forum for the answers.

1. Is is possible to adjust the stock mirrors on a curvey? I can't see a thing out of them and whenever I try to adjust them they either 'snap' back into place or the wind pushes them back (especially the left-hand one )

2. I came from a Honda CG125 so and passed my test at the end of September, so I have to get used to the riding position more I gather - but cornering seems quite difficult at lower speeds (20MPH and under) and I feel pretty unsteady doing it. Is it to do with suspension settings or is it just me? The bike has 'RACETECH' suspension upgrades and I don't know a thing about adjusting it at all.

3. I haven't got round to purchasing a Haynes manual yet and unfortunately I didn't get an Owner's manual with the bike - hence the stupid questions, so I was wondering what the different readouts on the digital part of the clocks mean (obviously one is an Odometer, haha) and if any are adjustable - like a trip for when you fill up.

Cheers in advance if I get any replies and hello everyone
Old 16-11-10, 10:08 PM   #2
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: New Member -Just saying 'Hello' and a few questions :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkr34per View Post
Hi, I'm a new member here (just signed up ) and have recently bought a 1999 SV650S. I've got a few questions regarding the bike to 'start me off' and it saves me scouring the forum for the answers.

1. Is is possible to adjust the stock mirrors on a curvey? I can't see a thing out of them and whenever I try to adjust them they either 'snap' back into place or the wind pushes them back (especially the left-hand one )

2. I came from a Honda CG125 so and passed my test at the end of September, so I have to get used to the riding position more I gather - but cornering seems quite difficult at lower speeds (20MPH and under) and I feel pretty unsteady doing it. Is it to do with suspension settings or is it just me? The bike has 'RACETECH' suspension upgrades and I don't know a thing about adjusting it at all.

3. I haven't got round to purchasing a Haynes manual yet and unfortunately I didn't get an Owner's manual with the bike - hence the stupid questions, so I was wondering what the different readouts on the digital part of the clocks mean (obviously one is an Odometer, haha) and if any are adjustable - like a trip for when you fill up.

Cheers in advance if I get any replies and hello everyone

I am a girl and therefore crap at answering your questions HOWEVER....I shall say hello
Old 16-11-10, 10:09 PM   #3
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
I am a girl and therefore crap at answering your questions HOWEVER....I shall say hello

ROFL me too but hello !!! he he he
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-10, 10:12 PM   #4
minimorecambe

What she said!!!

Well you seem to be getting a lot of hellos anyway
Old 16-11-10, 10:15 PM   #5
jeannette

Hello - another girl...nuff said.
Enjoy!
Old 16-11-10, 10:17 PM   #6
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Yet another girl and same as MBK shall just say hello and hope someone comes along to answer your questions soon.

Do you have a curvy or pointy???

EDIT....just saw it's a curvy...lol. I also have crap memory

I shall ask our resident curvy breaker...Squirrel_Hunter!
Old 16-11-10, 10:17 PM   #7
Specialone

Well ill be the first man to say hi then
Old 16-11-10, 10:18 PM   #8
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Well ill be the first man to say hi then
Rob quotes "yeah but your a girl too Phil" .... Flip flop
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012

Last edited by Shellywoozle; 16-11-10 at 10:20 PM.
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-10, 10:19 PM   #9
husky03
Mega Poster

whats the secret mate -the orgs hot tottie all firing replys at you straight away-you a tripod????
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-10, 10:19 PM   #10
beabert

1.My mirror tightens up rotating it one way, and losens the other. That was until i snapped it off last week lol.
2. I found cornering better, however braking whilst cornering on a bigger bike wasn't as forgiving, and its not advisable to do so. Check tyre pressures, wear and wheel alignment.
3. Hold the button in a while to reset the distance measuring thing.

Check PM for manual.