SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-06-06, 05:53 PM   #51
morphout

Default tps

just did the mod today and i can say it is noticeably, although not significantly, smoother at low speeds. Probably enough to make for an easier traffic jam commute. Had a problem where the bike wouldnt even run for a minute, shut everything off and pulled out my connector wire, started it up and ran fine. So eventually, i got it tweaked and the line moves somewhere around 1470 (down from originally about 4k) rpm.
At first i thought i'd never get close to 1500 rpm, but tightened the torx enough that i could tap the TPS with a screwdriver and move it in the smallest increments. Did it twice before i hit 1470(ish)
Old 05-06-06, 09:57 PM   #52
wardy2602

Default tps

Hi all

Did this mod last week found two up riding near impossible in town before the mod my little baby was so jerky especially round mini round abouts.
Had no probs and what a difference its so much better now, I adjusted my idle down first from 1800 to 1200 and then the tps sensor down from 3500 to 1500 its much much better.
Didnt have a problem with the bolts either bought one of these very useful
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rivers&doy=5m6

Cheers lads for a great guide id recommend everybody to do it.
Old 14-06-06, 07:50 AM   #53
graphikill

okay so i tried this mod last night and founbd taht i must be the only person on this forum who has there idle set correctly and there tps correct...

went through the mod with my bro-inlaw and as we turned it on we found it to be exactly spot on....

maybe the lads at esb check for this when pdi'ing it or servicing it....

but what i did find is that there was some play in the throttle cables, now that they are adjusted they have made a hell of a difference...

a lot smoother in low gears and more responsive to boot
Old 16-07-06, 08:14 PM   #54
dotted

Just did the TPS mod , it was impossible to set it for 1500rpm's , 1900 rpm's was closest i could get , before it was at 3600 !

There is a real improvement at low speed / low rpm !
In the small 1 hour test ride i did, many times i found found myself holding tight to the handle bars waiting for the engine to kick back , but for my surprise it was just smooth

Great guide , thank you
Old 07-10-06, 11:10 PM   #55
MikeVStrom

Default TPS Tweak

Great tweak! My VStrom was quite a handful at low speed, but now it's smooth as silk. Well done coombest! By the way, on the Vstrom the clock becomes the meter. other than that it is just the same.
Old 24-10-06, 10:26 PM   #56
CortezTheKiller

Hi guys,

I've read all of this thread with great interest because in the 4 weeks that I've had my SV650K6 my only niggle has been the on/off nature of the throttle, which, I hadn't really realised consciously until I read these posts, only really appears at low speed.

Now I am a complete newbie. This is my first bike since passing my test 6 weeks ago and I know nothing about the mechanics of bikes. All I wanted to ask is, as my bike is going in for its 600 mile service on Friday, will the TPS and idle speed be checked and reset to the suggested values automatically, or should I ask the mechanics to take a look at them?

And as someone intimated earlier, does the engine breaking effect really decrease after this mod has been done?

I'm loving the bike by the way. The weather has been pretty good and I've done 700 miles in 4 weeks. I'm glad I chose an SV rather than an ER6-n.
Old 24-10-06, 10:53 PM   #57
Mr Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortezTheKiller
All I wanted to ask is, as my bike is going in for its 600 mile service on Friday, will the TPS and idle speed be checked and reset to the suggested values automatically, or should I ask the mechanics to take a look at them?
It should be done as part of the service, but no harm in asking. Technically I don't actually think it's a mod, more of an adjustment that sometimes has to be made from time to time, bit like adjusting your chain if it's become slack
Old 24-10-06, 11:04 PM   #58
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortezTheKiller
All I wanted to ask is, as my bike is going in for its 600 mile service on Friday, will the TPS and idle speed be checked and reset to the suggested values automatically, or should I ask the mechanics to take a look at them?
It should be done as part of the service, but no harm in asking. Technically I don't actually think it's a mod, more of an adjustment that sometimes has to be made from time to time, bit like adjusting your chain if it's become slack
I beg to differ. I adjusted mine straight after my 7500 service. Didn't think it was a service item so wasn't upset it wasn't done. but a pm to SV650Racer might give you a definitive answer.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-07, 08:48 PM   #59
janbros

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum

I haven 't got an SV, just the 650 engine that I'm putting in to the frame of a Kawasaki KR-1S .

I wanted to start it for the first time yesterday, but couldn't 'cause there is something wrong with the injection, and I need to get into the dealer mode, and by googeling I ended up here.

my only problem is that my connector is broken where the dealer switch goes into, so can somebody please tell me the colors of the wires I have to connect ?

TNX
Old 05-02-07, 09:09 PM   #60
mattSV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by janbros
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum

I haven 't got an SV, just the 650 engine that I'm putting in to the frame of a Kawasaki KR-1S .

I wanted to start it for the first time yesterday, but couldn't 'cause there is something wrong with the injection, and I need to get into the dealer mode, and by googeling I ended up here.

my only problem is that my connector is broken where the dealer switch goes into, so can somebody please tell me the colors of the wires I have to connect ?

TNX
Welcome to the site

Hmm - a 650 engine in one of the best handling frames - that could be interesting

No idea which wires to connect, however it might be worth starting a new post with the title 'Dealer Mode - which wires to connect?' just so it is more visible.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated.

Matt
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote